“Fresh and tasty!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 425 Restaurants in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: CLOSED MONDAY , OPEN TUESDAY 12-3 WED-THURS 12-6 FRI-SAT 12-9 SUNDAY 12-6 THANKS ! FEEL FREE TO CALL I WILL CLOSE IF I RUN OUT OF FOOD
White Plains, New York
“Fresh and tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

As with others, I read about this on TA and decided we should try this on our vacation. We don't require fancy, only great food. This is the place. The menu is small, the chef is delightful and we went twice! The lobster roll is the best I have ever eaten and I consider myself a bit of an expert on the matter. The size is awesome, the price incredible and the lobster so fresh and only lightly touched with mayo. It took 10 minutes of eating with a fork before I could get to the part with the bun. The clam and seafood chowders are not to be believed. I don't know his secret but as long as he cooks like this forever, I don't need to know it. On our second trip I could not decide between the lobster roll and the scallops so he made me a Caesar salad topped with lobster meat in the center and ringed by seared scallops. TO DIE FOR!!!!!
To say the place is quaint is an understatement but to eat food like this, who cares!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston, MA
“Terrific Maine Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

First thing- the address for this place is 849 Forest Ave, NOT 649. Once you find this hole in the wall, you will return whenever in the area if you want the freshest seafood offerings; the lobster roll is one of the best, if not the best, in Maine. One of us also had the fried clams which were shucked minutes before being prepared- truly terrific. Place is limited to about 8 seats-down to earth casual. The owner is very personable and very informative on Maine and its seafood. Just go there- you will enjoy!

chicago
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The biggest, freshest lobster rolls around. Also had the fried clams and they were out of this world. Simple surroundings add an authentic flair to the whole experience. The owner/cook was also very personable and charming. Don't miss this place if you are in portland.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Green Brook, New Jersey
“Crisp fresh lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Lobster roll IS fantastic. Crisp fresh light on the mayo. Clam chowder had no potatoes which I love-no fillers. Hard to find next to a halal restaurant, but make your way to it. Note address is 849 not 649 forest

Dallas/Ft. Worth
“Biggest and Tastiest Lobster roll I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Oh my gosh is this place a find!! We were in Maine for over a week, and this is the place/meal that we are still talking about. You need to love CASUAL seafood and be willing to drive by it once or twice before you find it (worth it!). There are three small tables, a crusty-but-charming "local" behind the counter, and buckets of food inside. There are three sizes of lobster roll... the smallest one has a pound of lobster in it. My only mistake at Fisherman's was that I got the medium and couldn't finish it. Do you know how criminal it is to leave lobster on your plate?!! My wife had the haddock sandwich and is STILL talking about how it was the best fish sandwich she has ever had. We also ordered a cup of clam chowder that was awesome, and actually had clams in it!! (I don't mind potatos in my clam chowder, but they should not be the primary ingredient) This place takes only cash, so be sure you've got enough in your pocket. The food is not expensive for what you get, but lobster isn't free either.

We found this place fun, charming, and delicious! We felt like salty locals eating here and will never drive through Portland again without stopping.