“Great experience for all ages!” 5 of 5 stars

207.619.7610
Website
Improve this listing
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great experience for all ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

This tour was exactly what we were looking for while in Portland for a short amount of time. We were able to see a lot of the highlights of Portland in just an hour. After a short intro and training, my parents (ages 62 and 64) and myself (age 30) felt really comfortable and truly enjoyed touring around on the Segways. Travis, our guide, was friendly and entertaining as well as extremely knowledgeable. The tour was full of great historic information along with amazing views of the harbor. Overall great experience and we would recommend for any age.

Gladewater, Texas
“Great afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Many thanks to Devin and the guys for a great Segway tour of Portland. They were very kind, very accommodating, and very focused on making sure our party had a great time! Devin was an excellent guide and was very willing to answer all our questions. Take an hour or two when you first arrive in Portland and let this tour introduce you to the sights and history of the city!

Visited August 2012
Burlington, Vermont
“What a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Friends of mine had recently done a Boston segway tour and told us it was a lot of fun. We are so glad we did this - we got to learn a lot of interesting facts about Portland, see other parts of the city not covered by the other tours and it was a BLAST! The learning curve was quick and within 15 minutes you're up and cruising! Nick made the tour interesting and we all agreed that it was the highlight of our vacation so far (and we'll do segway tours whenever we're in a city that they're available). Plus it was so much fun watching how much our teenagers enjoyed themselves. An unique experience in Portland and highly recommended!

Visited August 2012
CT
5 attraction reviews
“Fabulous, Fun, and Easy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My daughter, 15, noticed the ad for this tour in the Portland vacation magazine and immediately said, "this is what I want to do!" I was apprehensive but willing to give it a try. I'm a bit older and not very coordinated. I'm so glad we went. It was myself, my daughter, and my bff's daughter on the 1/2 tour with Travis. First off, Travis was fantastic. So easy going, patient, and totally not stuffy or scripted! We started with getting fitted for a helmet and watching a mandated by state safety video which scared the -you-know-what out of me because it totally gives you the worst possible scenarios. Travis quickly put our minds at ease after each 'crash' by the the crash dummy on the video. He then introduced us to the segway, its' parts, and how it works. After helping us on the segway and giving each of us a couple of minutes within the building to try starting, stopping, and turning, we turned on our headsets (so we could communicate with our guide as we travelled) and we headed out onto the busy streets of Portland. Travis warned us that we would probably get stares and a laugh or two (we did, but nothing malicious). He always led the way and warned of any upcoming changes in the road and how to handle them. I always felt safe and secure. Our tour took us on the walking path along the harbor as well as the sidewalks in a more populated part of town. I never felt that I would run over or into pedestrians.
The segway is so easy to control and I always felt like I had control of the machine. It does not go super fast, but fast enough to feel a breeze. Travis gave us a lot of tips about the city as well as some 'tour-sy" facts. It was a fantastic 'hands on' tour with useful information, not the kind of information that you would be quizzed on later. My only complaint is with myself! I should have booked the 1 hour tour! This was definitely a highlight of our short trip to Portland and I absolutely recommend it!
There is a min. age requirement of 14 years old which is necessary. You need to remember this is a piece of equipment that can move forward on its own if not attended or handled properly. By the end of the tour, I did feel tightness in my feet and thighs because I was tense/nervous about running into people. While you are on the segway: it stays still if you are standing straight with good posture. It moves forward when you ever so slightly lean forward and put your weight in the balls of your feet. You can bring it to a stop if you put your weight into your heels. It slowly starts to move forward and it gently comes to a stop. Also, the segway 'self balances' which means it will take into account any slight divets in the road or uneven pavement for you (what a great feature!) This tour would be fine for most anyone of any age (above 14) as long as you can stand up straight and balanced.

Visited July 2012
Cape May, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“" A MUST DO YOU WILL LOVE IT "”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Me and my wife did this in July 2012 and the tour was great. What a great way to see the city without having to walk, god knows we did enough of that on this vacation. It's very easy to do and learn and the tour guide was a great trainer for all ages and did a great job with the group once we got into the streets. Give it a try you will go back for more! These machines are awesome do not miss out!

Visited July 2012