New property. Quick and courteous check-in. Valet parking required with a 15$ /night fee which seems unnecessary. There seems to be plenty of parking in a relatively secure location. Its a pretty quite part of downtown. I don't like having valet service forced on me.
Moving on. Rooms were typical Hampton Inn and in great shape. TV changed channels quickly (a pet peeve) and came in clear. Internet speeds were great! Never had a slow down in browsing even during time periods which tend to be slow due to "recreational activities." No VPN drops either.
Nice bar attached to the hotel. Watched a game there and met a few locals. Solid drinks, decent beer selection too.
I'd stay again if work takes me that direction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn® Portland/Downtown - Waterfront hotel is nestled in the city's Old Port District and offers breathtaking views of lovely Casco Bay and the historic waterfront. Stroll along the cobblestone streets as you explore the many boutiques, museums, galleries and bustling cafes. There's so much to see and do within walking distance of our Portland hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Hotel Portland
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Maine