We spent two nights this fall in the hotel, and were very pleased. It was pricey because it was a high season, but we used our rewards and it was reasonable for us. The hotel's location and condition is well worth its price. The rooms are modern, the pool is clean and the breakfast is nice.
A few helpful hints about the hotel and the area.
The pool area does not have dressing rooms, so pack a robe to get you back to you room without dripping in an elevator.
The hotel is wedged between a medical center and a few parking lots, so its not obvious that waterfront charm is just across the parking lot. Don't be afraid to venture out, just ask the front desk where to go. Downtown Portland parking is dicey so you will see more if you walk.
The restaurant downstairs is very good and is there is a door directly from the hotel. Unlike Boston, Portland is a true foodie town, with especially good local shrimp and seafood, so don't insist on chain restaurants and try the local fare.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Hotel
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Hotel Portland
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn® Portland/Downtown - Waterfront hotel is nestled in the city's Old Port District and offers breathtaking views of lovely Casco Bay and the historic waterfront. Stroll along the cobblestone streets as you explore the many boutiques, museums, galleries and bustling cafes. There's so much to see and do within walking distance of our Portland hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.