Good hotel, well appointed for a Hampton Inn. Room was spotless, and well apportioned, however had a strange smell, redolent of onion perhaps in combination with some cheap cleaning agent. Opened the window while I had dinner and the smell was mostly gone on my return. Prevents me giving the hotel a five star review, otherwise a perfectly good place to stay.
Would mention that the views of the harbor are such that one is looking across the harbor at some large fuel storage tanks on the other side. So I would probably not opt for the extra expense of a harbor view room on the top floor on a future stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn® Portland/Downtown - Waterfront hotel is nestled in the city's Old Port District and offers breathtaking views of lovely Casco Bay and the historic waterfront. Stroll along the cobblestone streets as you explore the many boutiques, museums, galleries and bustling cafes. There's so much to see and do within walking distance of our Portland hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Hotel Portland
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Maine