“All Fat” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 539 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: destination fries, great food
Portland, Maine
“All Fat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I know this usually gets great ratings, but I found the menu limited and felt like my arteries were clogging up as I left. I tried the famous bacon dusted fries, they were ok, I don't feel like I need to have them again. The burger had cheese, an egg and bacon on it, very messy and way too much fat.

Visited November 2012

Portland, Maine
“Great Food, Nice Vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great food! Excellent burgers, interesting menu with lots of variety and the bacon dusted fries are to die for (...literally?) Nice, but small wine list.
Staff can be hit or miss, bar seating has tended to get the better service. And the restaurant is chilly, I avoid it it in the winter months. Regardless, the food is always worth the visit.

Visited September 2012
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
“Bacon Dusted Fries = Heaven In Mouth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My mom and I stopped in here while on a road-trip through the North-Eastern US last summer. I love all things bacon, so when I saw Adam Richman eat the Bacon Dusted Fries on Man vs. Food, I knew that we'd be trying them out while we were in Portland.

Before going, I did read a lot of mixed reviews but that didn't deter me and boy am I glad for that!

The service was fast and friendly, and the restaurant and restrooms were very clean. I didn't find that it was "too small" in there, but then again I come from a town where we have tonnes of little locally owned restaurants and cafes so perhaps my expectations were a little more realistic than others.

I couldn't help myself, I had to order the Apocalypse Now burger. Let me tell you - it was definitely worth trying! I wouldn't necessarily get it again (unless I were splitting it with someone) because it was SO rich but I'm very glad I tried it! And those bacon dusted fries are absolutely out of this world. If you go to Nosh and don't try them, you had better be a vegetarian or else I might have to give you a stern talking-to.

Whenever I find myself back in Portland, I will definitely be going back to Nosh!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Apocalypse now burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I just ate at Nosh for the first time after watching man vs food and it was not worth the 1 1/2 hr drive. I was expecting the apocalypse now burger to have a similar portion size to what I saw in the show and was very disappointed see the end result. I took the burger apart and had trouble finding any of the seared foi gra or pork belly. So I basically paid 20 for a bacon cheeseburger. False advertising!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Somerville, MA
“Unique comfort food hit out of the park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went for dinner last night, totally blown away by just how good the food and beer selection was. Started with salt and vinegar fries (with your choice of dip)...flavor was literally cooked in, exploding in your mouth. Cheese fries (with cheese whiz, scallions, et al) were amazing. And then, the Apocalypse Now burger...with a pork infused pattie, cheddar cheese, pork belly, sherry chutney...easily one of the best burgers I've ever had. Cool vibe, service a little slow, very unique beers....definitely going back! The four of us tallied a grand total of $100, what an incredible value.

• Visited February 2013