“Creative Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 540 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: destination fries, great food
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Creative Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Creative menu, attractive bar, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Who knew cheese fries could taste so good? They were crisp and greaseless, served with pickled red peppers and a spicy red pepper aoli.

• Visited January 2013

Lisbon Falls, Maine
“My son and I loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I toke my 6yr old there last week for some dad time. It's was my first time. We had poutine. BLT sliders and fried chicken skin. My son and I both loved the fried skins. He can't stop asking when we are going again. I would say that if you don't eat meat, I'm sorry first of all. But secondly,nosh may not be for you. For me, it was just the kind of fresh spot I needed to shake the dust of. Thanx.

• Visited December 2012
Natick, Massachusetts
“Satisfies your burger & fries craving!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We came because of the bacon dusted French fries (and wanted burgers) and were not disappointed. The fries were fantastic - cooked perfectly - and we were pleasantly surprised by the burgers (be advised they are cooked medium well but they are juicy). While not necessarily a kids place at night - it is loud and the beer is flowing - we had a 4 year old with us and there was another family as well. There isn't a kids menu but they will make just a plain old burger and the fries will appeal to any age. The tempura battered pickle spears were a good starter. If you like beer, you will find a good selection of local, domestic, and import beer here.

Maine/New York
“Not my kind of food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I must be honest and say I don't eat meat. Thus, the burgers, which they are famous for, didn't appeal. My friend got one, and I could hardly see the burger! The pulled pork was overly done--almost hard. The fries had a weird taste. The waiter was helpful and professional. I would go for a drink as the place is attractive with a long bar and copper tables.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Milford, Connecticut
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

First time at this restaurant. Food was different but tasty. Got there later Sunday afternoon and waited a bit while the bartender "played around" with something behind the bar. Thought maybe he was cleaning up and getting ready to close. It seemed that all the waitstaff was doing something other than taking care of diners. Had to ask for a second beer. Food came and he left and never stopped by to ask how anything was. Felt very unwelcome. When I was finished, he did ask me if I wanted another beer. I said yes and asked if they were closing shortly. He said no that they were open until 1;00 am. ???? I eat out a lot but not sure I'd go back here.

• Visited November 2012