“Great Mediterranean dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Buxton, me
“Great Mediterranean dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

So first time walking into this small Mediterranean restaurant I thought....VERY small but quite quaint. It only has about 12 tables. Well, it was packed the entire time we were there. I was there on a Friday night. Apparently it is very popular because the local news team frequents there on a weekly basis after the 6 o'clock news.....which was true because in they walked while we were there. But enough about that......the food was FABULOUS. I got a beef "sandwich". OH MY....I was in love. It was so flavorful, as was the lentil soup. They have a small but decent wine selection. The waitress was extremely gracious and even brought over a new glass of wine when we didn't like the taste of the one we were drinking. All in all....it is on my list of favorite places to go. I know it is a cafe but it is open till a bit later at night and is great.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Harmony, Maine
“Nice lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

It's a small space along busy Commercial Street in Portland's Old Port neighborhood. There are just a few tables in a room dominated by a massive old bar -- mostly for looks since the cafe serves only wine and beer
Speaking of wine, at lunch you can get a glass of decent wine for four bucks, which is quite a good deal anywhere, not just in the pricey Old Port. Overall, our meal with tip was about $30.
Lunch is what we had -- thyme pie for me and fish tacos for my partner. Thyme pie is a Mediterranean pizza-like dish using the aforementioned herb along with mint, sesame seeds, cucumbers and tomatoes on a flatbread. It was crunchy and savory without heaviness. A bit of the house salsa on the side added zest.
My partner's fish tacos (with seared haddock) were excellent with house dressing featuring just the right amount of cilantro and lime along with the house salsa. Delicious flavor mingling.
Charlotte, our server, was always there when we needed her and, alas, the bearer of bad news that the last slice of lemon-coconut cheesecake had been sold.
Oh well, next time. Because we'd go there again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
maine
“Must go!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

This place is a gem! Very small inside but it packs in flavor in the dishes. Medditeranian delight for all! My beef dish was soooo good and i talked about it all week wanting to go back for more. The staff is super friendly and they have few bottles of yummy wine. It turns out that this place is also a weekly favorite for the local tv news team in Maine. This is my new favorite place! A must try..

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Worth, Texas
“A Pearl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We found this little place while out browsing and were pleasantly surprised.. small place, friendly staff, GREAT food... was a great experience every time we ate there! If you are in Portland - this is a "must try"!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland
“The BEEF SHAWARMA a must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Loved the quaint size of the place, friendly service and GREAT food. My friend and I went back 3 times in the same week she was visiting. Just couldn't get enough.

Visited October 2011