“I loved this place, I hope all La Quintas are this good!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   340 Park Avenue, Portland, ME 04102   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Portland
Milo, Maine
“I loved this place, I hope all La Quintas are this good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I've never seen such polite and helpful staff, I had reserved a handicap accessible room (they all have double beds), upon check in the desk clerk asked if we would prefer a room with a king size bed as all the first floor rooms have shower grab bars and that's all I needed, she went to the room to confirm that before we took it. We were in town for an appointment at the hospital and the desk clerk told us of a special rate with a letter from the doctors office! We had our dog with us and saw other dogs on premise, and never saw a sign of a dog ever being in the room before! Very clean! Also a great breakfast, we went at almost the end of breakfast time and they still had plenty of everything!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Worcester, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Now clearly you know what you're getting into when you choose to stay at La Quinta. However, it has"and suites" aspartame of its name, and to that I say "not really." Hoping for some extra room and my husband, who always goes to bed significantly later than I do, the possibility of watching some late night tv without completely keeping me up, I decided to drop the extra 30 on the suite. Mistake. It's basically a room that would have 2 queen beds, but instead of the second queen bed,there's a love seat and coffee table. Absolutely noting suite (or sweet) about that. I feel likes chump for spending more for the same thing.

• Stayed December 2013
Hamilton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have stayed at this location several times and it has always been good, except it is a little expensive for such a poor location. But this time we had a problem. We were all settled in and we noticed hairs on the bedspread. Looking closer we saw it was covered in dog hair. We were offered another room, but opted for a change of bedding as we were were already unpacked.

Speaking the next morning to the front desk staff, I was informed that pets are only allowed on the first and forth floor. We were on the forth floor so "tough".

While I commend the hotel for accepting pets, I cannot believe that travelers without pets are placed in rooms that have had pets in them, especially when not informed. What would happen if a person was allergic to pet hair I do not know.

Would it only be common sense to have certain rooms dedicated as pet only. Seems simple to me, but I guess profits outweigh common sense and simplicity.

Room Tip: Don't stay on first or forth floor unless you have a pet!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We booked a non-smoking King Bedroom online via the La Quinta website, and it was quick and easy. La Quinta gave us a AAA discount and the Desk Staff were personable and friendly at check-in and also whenever we passed by. Free breakfast was included in the morning, vending was available on every floor, and restaurants and stores were within walking distance to the Hotel, making the location very accessible to everything we needed. The room itself was clean and included a Fridge, Microwave, and new HD television that made it easy to watch TV via my USB drive with the "Plug & Play" feature, too. Overall it was a great stay and we will be back in the future!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The only thing I didn't like about this hotel was the location. The room was clean and well-kept. Staff was friendly and helpful. There was a train track very close to the hotel, and I was frightened when a train went through and made the building shake a bit and the windows rattle, but the train itself made a horrible noise. Fortunately this didn't go on throughout the night. The location of the hotel is a bit on the ghetto side, but we encountered no problems. It was certainly adequate for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland? Share your experiences!