The most charming, elegant, hospitable Inn in Portland! I would not suggest anything else for out of town visitors.
Lovely beautifully appointed and decorated rooms in an elegant restored mansion in town and walking distance to all that is wonderful that Portland has to offer.
The essence of gracious hospitality and friendly understated service.
Breakfast started with homemade raspberry scones and banana pistachio muffins. Then breakfast with fresh juice and quiche and a fruit salad. Lots of tea and coffee.
The perfect retreat and base to explore from!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Danforth is the grande dame of the Portland, Maine boutique hotel scene. Built in the 1800's, extensive renovations to design and (mostly) new bathrooms have married historic gentility with classic but contemporary stylings. Basement billiard room, a widow's walk with views, three course breakfasts - who could ask for more? A recent review called The Danforth an historic mansion with a hip vibe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your The Danforth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Danforth Hotel Portland
- The Danforth Portland, Maine