Great location, helpfull staff, beautiful property. Stayed with my husband three times in the winter season. New owners, same relaxing atmosphere. Nice place to unwind, easy walk to bars, shopping and restaurants. This trip was girls shopping and drinking but being 50 something we wanted a quiet, beautiful, and well kept place. Absolutely perfect..can't wait for a romantic weekend with my husband again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Danforth is the grande dame of the Portland, Maine boutique hotel scene. Built in the 1800's, extensive renovations to design and (mostly) new bathrooms have married historic gentility with classic but contemporary stylings. Basement billiard room, a widow's walk with views, three course breakfasts - who could ask for more? A recent review called The Danforth an historic mansion with a hip vibe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your The Danforth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Danforth Hotel Portland
- The Danforth Portland, Maine