“A great place we stumbled upon” 5 of 5 stars

(207) 899-4494
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Merry Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 425 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Creperie
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Union
Scarborough, Maine
“A great place we stumbled upon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I were out Saturday evening and decided to walk Wharf Ally back to the car. We hadn't been there in a long time (years as it turns out!) and wanted to see what was new. We stumbled upon The Merry Table and decided to stop in to check it out and get dessert. This is a really lovely find. The people working there are friendly, the desserts were delicious, and we had a lovely glass of port and bubbly recommended to us. It was such a lovely find all around. The restaurant is small, low ceilings and feels different. Different is good as it's cozy, comfy, relaxing, and inviting. It wasn't too hot or too loud and we sat at the bar. We are absolutely going back for dinner and will make sure to save room for dessert! I recommend you stop in, it's really a nice change to enjoy.

• Visited March 2013

“A little bit of France”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We love this little French bistro on quaint cobblestoned Wharf St (not good walking with high heels). Besides the normal French entrees, they have a nice list of delicious crepes. Excellent cocktails and reasonable prices.

Portland, Maine
“Good food, relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have been here twice and enjoyed it both times. The menu is not very extensive, and is dominated by a lot of crepes but the food is always good. I had beouf bourguignon and french onion soup. The atmosphere is very relaxed and friendly. You do not need to dress up and there are no pretensions here. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Maine
“Great food, comfortable atmosphere - wonderful brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a very comfy little restaurant with great food. The atmosphere is casual but classy. I had the poulet savory crepe, a French hard cider and the creme brulee. Everything was great. Sitting at the bar I could watch them making the crepes. My boyfriend had a salad on an open-faced crepe that was very fresh and bright. The kitchen staff speaks only French to one another. The chefs were fun to watch, and they seemed deft at cooking and plating with art and skill. The waiter (also the owner I think) perfectly trod the line between making us feel very welcome and taken care of, and letting us enjoy a lovely meal in peace. Compared to French dinner restaurants the food is lighter and easier to digest, and the atmosphere is completely unpretentious (come dressed in jeans and a wool sweater). The walls are painted in shades of yellow, nice music playing, and a warm fireplace.

Portland, Maine
“A little taste of France in Portland, ME”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I go here often - not only for the yummy crepes but the feeling of being transported back to our honeymoon in Paris. The restaurant is cozy and the service is very good and friendly. Most often you are greeted in French. Now to the food...The crepes from savory to sweet never disappoint. We have dined as a couple and as a family. My 6 year old's favorite is the Nutella and banana (who wouldn't like that???) and my 14 year old (who is extremely picky) has enjoyed the ham & cheese crepe. For me, I LOVE the salmon crepe w/ Boursin cheese, capers, diced egg and onion. Pair that with one of the white wines they offer and you won't be disappointed. The chef also offers other lovely dishes like beef bourguignon in the winters and a fantastic gazpacho in the summer. So, if you find yourself in the Old Port (or not) look up The Merry Table and enjoy!

• Visited January 2013