“Best B&B I've ever stayed at.” 5 of 5 stars

$100 (USD)
Ranked #1 of 12 Portland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Best B&B I've ever stayed at.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

I stayed at the Chadwick for an evening, and I was thrilled with my experience. I highly highly recommend this B&B. The space was not only clean, quiet, and tidy, but all of the rooms downstairs and my room upstairs were elegant, cozy, and very comfortable. Also, the breakfast was INCREDIBLE. I didn't want to leave.

Scot, the Innkeeper and cook, was extremely warm, funny, and friendly. He was available to me to talk about recommendations for what to do in town and answered all of the questions that I had.

Great way to experience such a great town! Looking forward to coming back sometime soon!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Brunswick, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

My husband and I traveled to the Chadwick to visit some friends that live in Portland. We can't wait to return, because we want to spend more time at the inn. One night wasn't enough! We stayed in the Chamberlain and I was beautiful! The fireplace was warm. I absolutely loved the bedspread and the color of the walls. Everything was immaculate! The living room downstair also had a nice fireplace and was a comfortable place to relax and play a game.

Our night was restful, but breakfast was the real treat. We were served the most delicious rum bread pudding dish that was to die for! It's sound like it would be sweet and heavy, but it was the opposite. A perfect balance of flavors. Scot, inn keeper, told us he was just trying something new. I wish I could just "try something new" and have it come out perfectly. He was great host, there when we needed him and gone when we wanted to be alone.
We would definitely recommend the Chadwick to anyone wanting to feel pampered in Portland. I explored a little on my own and the other rooms are amazing, too. I'd like to try them all out!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

If you are looking for a comfortable and small place to stay, this is it! The Chadwick B&B feels very homey and its innkeepers add to the welcome atmosphere. I stayed in all rooms and all are very well appointed with attention to detail. The place is quiet and conveniently located. Breakfast is cooked every day and believe it...much better than many restaurants.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

Beautiful house. We stayed in Abbott Room which was fabulous. Really really comfortable bed and great big bathroom. The rest of the house was fabulous too - wish it was mine. Breakfast was amazing. Just a little bit far out of town so we had to take the car in for dinner in the evening.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stayed here 3 nights here and the place was perfect. Great for our romantic getaway. The innkeeper was very friendly and knoweldgeable about the area. He recomended going to the freeport outlets to find some amazing deals and knew the best places to go for dinner. Breakfast was simply amazing and by far the best I have ever had. Could really tell the innkeeper enjoys providing a great experiance for all those who stays there.

• Stayed January 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

This was my first experience at a B&B and what an experience it was! The room was GORGEOUS, the bed was amazingly comfortable (I don't want to go home to my own now), and the food was absolutely outstanding! The innkeeper, Scot, was fun, personable & so knowledgeable of the area - we wanted a nice place for a romantic dinner and we took the advice of the innkeeper... and had the BEST dinner we could have ever imagined! We wanted to go shopping, took the suggestion of the innkeeper again - ended up in Freeport and came back completely satisfied.

We stayed in the Chamberlain room at the inn - for a less expensive room, the bathroom is across the hall and totally worth it - we had the biggest room with one of the biggest bathrooms and wouldn't have it any other way! Definitely the room we'll request when we come back! Couldn't have stayed in a better place in Portland ... other B&B's will have A LOT to live up to after this!

• Stayed January 2011
North Stonington Ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

We were in Portland for a stressful civil court case. This bed and breakfast and the owner Eric was the best thing we could have done for ourselves. It was like being pampered and treated like royalty. We felt totally calm going into court. Our beds were like feather beds. I slept so good the night before I couldn't believe it. I am gluten free and Eric made me a gourmet breakfast of sauteed apples and pears over gluten free french toast. It was divine. I was delighted with this treat. The presentation was 5star. I love coffee. No I really Love coffee. Their coffee was the best coffee I had ever tasted. I had most of the pot before leaving for court. Did I mention I loved this place? BTW Eric we won our case. This is a wonderful calm beautifully decorated elegant homey welcoming bed and breakfast with the nicest staff. Please go see Eric welcoming assistant. You will be so happy you did.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!