My husband and I stayed at the Chadwick B&B for 2 nights in July. Although the location is not in the Old Port neighborhood, we found this did not hinder our experience at all. It actually helped gaining a few pounds with the 20 minute walk in and out each day :) The rooms are very clean and beautiful. We stayed in the Chamberlain room which was very spacious and had a huge king bed. The bathroom was across the hall, but was not a problem at all. They provide nice robes should you need them to walk across the hall. Downstairs there is a very nice living room area with water and seltzer available at no extra charge. There are numerous games and DVDs to use if you want. And they also have wine by the glass available in a nice self serve fashion. They also mentioned an outdoor seating area/garden which we did not use. Parking was tight, but 4 spaces were available (1 for each room). By far the best part of the stay was their breakfast each morning. Could be the best I have ever eaten! Erin (the assistant inn keeper) was very friendly and accommodating. A great find. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE CHADWICK BED & BREAKFAST: The New Standard of Bed & Breakfast LuxuryThe perfect Portland getaway, The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast provides thoughtful touches that invite a sense of pampering and romance in unsurpassed comfort and elegance. With endless events and activities offered in the Greater Portland area, you can keep active or spend time relaxing in the comfort of this classically appointed home away from home. Do as little or as much as you like.Whether visiting Maine for a long weekend, vacation, rest and relaxation, honeymoon, anniversary, wedding, or on business, The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast strives to provide a level of personal service that goes above and beyond, leaving you with a rich and memorable experience.Innkeeper & Owner E Scot Fuller, Assistant Innkeeper Adam Alfter, and the rest of The Chadwick Staff take great pride in providing tastefully appointed guest rooms—each with a private bathroom—beautifully landscaped grounds, and a five-star gourmet breakfast each and every morning. We can’t wait to have you experience it for yourself!Within walking distance, you’ll find Portland’s finest galleries, museums, theaters, shops, and restaurants. Guests often use The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast as a base for traveling to other nearby locations such as the Lakes Region of Western Maine, the rugged coastline of Acadia National Park, the sandy beaches of Southern Maine, and the breathtaking White Mountains of New Hampshire.Shoppers and restaurant enthusiasts alike will find whatever they are looking for not only downtown but just a car ride away in Freeport, Kittery, Bar Harbor, and Camden. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Chadwick Hotel Portland
- The Chadwick Bed And Breakfast
- The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast Portland, Maine