“Who wouldn't get Lamb here?” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Boston
“Who wouldn't get Lamb here?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

On a reading of a review I called in rather late but found a cancellation to have just happened facilitating the beginning of a great experience.

Our server was chill, relaxed, and emanating years of professionalism. It's UNBELIEVABLE to see people in the service industry know how to read their clientele. Whereas I feel horrible for not having remembered her name...she was top notch.

Our starters and dessert we're all incredible!

The wine was a good selection, but given the greatness of the food I wouldn't try to find a picture perfect selection as their lists need some attention.

I had the Lamb, I mean...a Greek restaurant? Come on! And it didn't fail!
My wife had the Halibut which was a little less intense in it's flavor, but for its presentation being all about the Halibut, it wasn't bad!

A truly nice experience! You can tell it's the professionalism that has made Emilitsa what it has become!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bangor, Maine
“Food Good; Ambiance lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I went to Emilitsa's recently, and I love Greek food, so I was greatly anticipating the meal. The plusses: my husband's lamb chops were amazing, the appetizers (I remember the beet one the best) were super yummy, the wine we recommended to have was perfect, and our server was very attentive. I ended up making a meal out of appetizers, which I don't recommend doing again, because while they were tasty, they weren't filling, and I was still a little hungry. I wish I had ordered the full fish....

The minus: the tables are so close to together - they are all in a row going down a long hallway and it wasn't that crowded, so we felt that everyone could hear what we were saying. Perhaps if we had been seated in the front of the restaurant, where the windows were, I would have felt differently. But for an expensive meal, I would have preferred a different seating arrangement - which simply isn't possible in the space they have - or a little more space between the tables. Our dinner was done so quickly, though, that we ended up walking down to Fore St for a beer where it was a little more lively.

Portland, Oregon
“Greek food at its best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I love Greek cuisine, and this place know how to deliver! From the authentic Greek flavors to the attentive service to the relaxed atmosphere..this restaurant had it all! Loved it..will be back!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rothesay, Canada
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Had a truly delicious meal here. Everything was perfectly cooked and presented. It may be pricey, but the service and the food are worth it! Try the duck... Tender and delicious!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Maine
“Delicious and pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our party of four recently visited Emilitsa on a Friday night. Every appetizer and main course was delicious. Favorites were the duck and the lamb dishes. Only 1 star issue of the night: Rice pudding was undercooked for our tastes and we did not finish it. Service was excellent and only "complaint" (not really) was in regard to decor. If you are sitting on the benches you stare at a blank wall. I enjoy artwork and would have liked to see something on the wall.

• 4 of 5 stars Food