“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I were searching our phones for a place to stay last minute on the evening of Monday June 2nd. We had the most exhausting day as my wife had just find out she lost her father. We drove up north from the Boston area and had just a few days to settle his affairs and move him out of his residence. Emotionally, she was drained, 8 months pregnant she was tired and I wanted someplace nice where she could unwind. Searching I came across a few places and I decided on the Wolf Cave Inn for its high rating and beautiful pictures of the property. I called, spoke with Sue and had a reservation in 2 minutes. Sue had given me a few options and I chose a room with a private in room bath, although they did have suites ;-) I should mention my wife and I have stayed at 20 or more B&Bs in that area including the Conway section of NH. We have a little joke about our luck (or lack there of) of funding suitable B&Bs without running into issues. This was not the case, not even close. Upon our arrival I could tell this place was a cut above the rest. Pulling our car in the driveway, the first thing I noticed, aside from its gorgeous views of the lake was a beautiful arrangement of flowers and gardens, we both looked a one another and smiled. We stepped out of the car and immediately into an aroma of lilacs and other flowers I can't even begin to describe, it put me at ease instantly. Walking in, this place was immaculate, it made you feel comfortable. We were welcomed by Sue, one of the owners who greeted me by my name which I thought was nice, she was expecting us. :-)
Then Sue broke the news to us, she would be upgrading our room to one of the suites. How nice and thoughtful. Sue had no idea my wife had just lost her dad, she was just a kind woman. She gave us the scoop that her and her husband (Ron) had just purchased the property and recently renovated it. They did a wonderful job with it, it was just as beautiful in as it was outside, all the rooms were. I know this because Sue and Ron leave all the unoccupied rooms open for you to peek in and look, which was awesome because Sue took us to the top floor, what me and my wife considered the best room in the inn. The room was awesome it had bidirectional views and you could see the sun set as you sat in the huge jetted tub or at the farthest windows. A new flat screen television with direct tv hung on the wall, the picture was flawless and you could see it from the tub or large king bed. I should say all the rooms were similar in that the same thought was put into them, but this room was special. I wanted to hug Sue I was so happy with it. Everything was great, we slept great with all the windows open and a gentle breeze throughout.
The same detail continued into breakfast when Ron cooked us tasty blueberry pancakes and sausage. There was also coffee, fresh fruit and homemade zucchini bread (Ron grandmothers recipe). The whole experience was second to none and we can't wait to come back under better circumstances.
To Sue and Ron: We can't thank you enough. While sitting on the waters edge last night watching the sun set, I couldn't help but to think her dad was with us and I know she felt it too. Thank you so much for the upgrade, it may not have seemed like much to you at the moment, but it meant the world to us. Dan, Kristin H ohh and the baby, (one month to go!)..

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Roy F, Owner at Wolf Cove Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Your words touched us deeply. We are so happy that your stay here at the inn brought you a bit of solace after a trying day. We hope to see you again and to meet your new little addition. Best wishes to you and your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Lewiston, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The new owners, Roy and Suz, were welcoming, accommodating, and served a delicious breakfast! If you are looking for a little peace, and tranquility...look no further. A wonder-filled experience awaits!
C&K

• Stayed May 2014
Roy F, Owner at Wolf Cove Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you for your support C&K! We have been so lucky to have the support of our neighbors (and new friends) like you two. We incorporated some of your helpful feedback, as well. Come visit us again!
Pelham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

our time away was very relaxing in our newly remodeled suite the Arcadia room..sue and Roy could not do enough to make us happy..we shall return many times...looking for peace you will find it here..enjoy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Roy F, Owner at Wolf Cove Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We love having return guests visit to see the new renovations and give such great feedback. Hope to see you again soon!
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

It is clear that new inn-keepers Roy and Sue take real joy in providing hospitality. They were constantly working to make sure our stay was the best it could be. Their renovated spaces feature lovely, soothing décor that lets the views be the star. Everything was clean and neat and nothing was overlooked—they even thoughtfully supply chilled water and little necessary items that a traveler might have forgotten in a station on the guest hallway. The breakfasts were yummy—homemade muffins and breads, fresh fruits, breakfast quiches, blueberry pancakes. All in all, this is an excellent place to settle in for a special event at Bates college(we were attending graduation), or just kick back, unwind and get some canoeing in on the scenic lake. MUCH more homey and peaceful than staying at an impersonal hotel. The Acadia Suite—with it’s living area featuring a gas fireplace and the spacious bathroom with jetted tub—gave our family ample room to spread out and relax.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Roy F, Owner at Wolf Cove Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Jill, thank you for your high praise. We built the new Acadia suite just for families like yours. We are very happy that it worked out for you! And congratulations on your new graduate!
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The inn just reopened under new management- owners Roy & Sue are welcoming & eager to accommodate. The physical location, on Tripp Lake, is stunning! The breakfast menu was varied & every selection was delicious. Every guest room had a lake view- on our final night we rented 2 additional rooms for family members. Pricing varies. The ground floor of the inn has large open areas that are comfortable for lounging, reading, playing a board game, etc. There is an outdoor, lakeside seating area, too. Don't pass up the opportunity to use the inn's 2 canoes & 2 kayaks. The inn is convenient to Bates College & far nicer than staying at any chain in Lewiston-Auburn.

• Stayed May 2014
Roy F, Owner at Wolf Cove Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. it was wonderful seeing all the Bates families celebrating the great achievement of their children.
Raymond, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed for our anniversary and it was perfect in every aspect! The room, the hospitality and comfort! Excellent! Will be returning for sure! The food was great and staff very helpful with helping with dinning in the area! A great place to go for a couple retreat or a family weekend getaway!

Room Tip: higher floor is more spacious and good views! smaller rooms are also very nice for two!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Winthrop, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

You only turn 50 once and my birthday could not have been better. The grounds are beautiful the rooms were comfortable inviting and very romantic. We had a suite on the top floor with a gas stove and jacuzzi tub. The staff did everything to help my lover make it the most romantic weekend of my life. Roses, balloons, chocolate covered strawberries soft robes and a very comfortable bed all awaited us when we arrived. The staff recommended a great restaurant for dinner, there was a light snow fall in the morning and the window overlooked a picture perfect lake. The breakfast prepared was delicious and plentiful, there was something for everyone. As a photographer that window in the morning were gift from heaven. I can't wait to go back and walk around the lake. It is not often I look forward to going back before I actually leave but this place is an exception! I truly believe it will become that special place I go to celebrate all the important milestones my lover and I will have in our life together. Thee are many friends I want to bring there as well to share what we experienced. There are 10 rooms and I want to rent the place next time!!!! Comfort, luxury, romance, spiritual and then some....go you won't be disappointed!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with windows on the west side have amazing views of the lake!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wolf Cove Inn? Share your experiences!