“Rude, Rude, Rude!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of EdgeWater Farm Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phippsburg
EdgeWater Farm Bed and Breakfast
You added EdgeWater Farm Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
71 Small Point Road - Rt. 216, Phippsburg, ME 04562   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Phippsburg B&B and Inns
Maine USA
“Rude, Rude, Rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

Rude hosts, small smelly rooms, cheap yard sale furnishings. Avoid this place, plenty of much better choices nearby.

Stayed July 2007

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2006

Gross, gross, gross would describe the "suite" accomodations. Had I not been booked at the B&B for a family affair I would have IMMEDIATELY changed my reservations. We were all duped by the great website- trust me, there is a reason there are no pictures of the "suite". It consists of old furniture covered with old moldy-smelling blankets, games that are broken and a filthy refridgerator. Speaking of the fridge, I asked if it could be plugged in and Carol, the host, wanted to know why I couldn't just use the fridge in the main dining room. Carol also made sure to tell me to tip the cleaning girls (never saw one, in fact my room was never cleaned and I never received fresh towels during my two night stay). There was, however, someone else's tee shirt under my bed... If you would like to use the pool YOU MUST REMOVE THE COVER BY YOURSELF... and of course, you need replace the cover when you are finished. The "stargazing spa" is a hot tub outside- to get to it and the pool you must walk through a dirty, dingy utility type room (filled with dirty onions from the garden when I was there). NOT a good stay. We kept holding out for a fabulous breakfast- it was not great, just OK. All in all, I was highly disappointed and felt I paid WAY TOO much for the accomodations. Couldn't wait to get home and take a shower. Yuck! No more B&B's for this girl.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The Hostess- she was obnoxious
  • Tips/Secrets — I know the website looks good... don't be fooled!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
RI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2006

Carol the owner solicits for tips the entire time you are there.
She has Rules & notes stuck up all over the place like, 'please take short showers'. For $180 a night, I will take as long a shower as I want. Plus, one HAS to take a longer shower since there's NO water pressure to speak of.

What does she think we would tip for? She's the OWNER. And I don't believe for a minute that she has 'cleaning girls' (she mentions that every chance she gets)

The wastebaskets aren't even emptied every day, much less the sheets changed so what woud I tip for??

Rooms are dirty & beds are old & gross. Stuff under the beds too, definately not cleaned.

The Pool area is absolutely disgusting. Dirty windows. One has to walk through a cluttered basement-like room to access pool. Very strange & not public friendly.

The suite she talks of on the website is a hoax. It is a shoddy addition with old smelly furniture in it among other things covered with tablecloths. And she layers rugs to cover stains. Absolutely gross.

Unfortunately I will never stay at another B&B again.... Hotel chains here I come.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Carol
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to EdgeWater Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!