“Charming Inn/ great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn on Peaks Island

The Inn on Peaks Island
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peaks Island
The Inn on Peaks Island
You added The Inn on Peaks Island to your Saves list
33 Island Avenue, Peaks Island, ME 04108   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Peaks Island B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Charming Inn/ great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked the Inn for my daughter's wedding. The staff was superb during the wedding; right at hand for any issue without being obtrusive.

The wedding party booked all the rooms in the Inn for the weekend. Each room was clean and beautifully appointed. The third floor of the Inn features a 'spa' which is really just a spot for hair and makeup. But it was great to have this spot available for the off island hairdressers to use.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sayre, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Loved the idea if staying on the island, and we did enjoy exploring Peak Island, but the room was pretty plain, and the balcony was not very usable. The pub and food were fine, but not worth the price of staying in the hotel. My wife and I are craft beer nuts, and the only reason we wanted to stay at the Inn was their claim to be brewing shipyard ales in the basement. We were very disappointed to learn on arrival that not only were they not brewing on site, they haven't done so in 8 months! I think this is unacceptable! They still advertise the onsite brewing, and I suspect (from our conversations with staff) that they still are not.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My fiance took me to Peaks for the first time in June 2011 for our anniversary (his family owns property on the island, and he has been visiting the island since he was a child). Note, we were not engaged at that point- he proposed while we were on the island. The trip would not have been the same without the Inn on Peaks, they were incredibly accommodating- they worked with him to set up a sunset dinner on the balcony (not something they normally do, but they were willing to go out of their way so that he could propose there). When plans changed, and he decided to propose elsewhere (out by Spar Cove), they were quick to make changes to the plans, and when we returned, I was warmly greeted and congratulated by most of the staff! We ended the evening with a candle lit dinner at sunset overlooking Casco Bay. Thank you to the Inn on Peaks Island for making my fiance's proposal to me one of the most amazing days of my life!!!

By the way- for travelers, the inn is beautiful, cozy, and the food is great. Only downside is I assume it gets noisy during high season, as it is right up front, and you can hear the ferry all (or most of the night). I didn't mind, and because it is down front, you have the shops and other restaurants right there (very convenient).

I am sorry I didn't get to review this until almost 2 years later, and in order to do so, I posted the date of the visit in June of last year instead of June 2011 (sorry- I figured you wouldn't mind though!)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed in the off-season. Lovely spot to get away. Try for a room at the back of the inn - it is quieter. The food at the restaurant was great - menu was good, even in the off-season. Take time to explore the island - it is easily walkable and there are a couple of beaches that are great to relax on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Colchester, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was my first time visiting Peak Island. The Inn was quaint and relaxing... we were in the Great Diamond Island Suite which was very roomy and sunny. Te fireplace added a nice touch in the evening. There was a wedding going on so it was far from quiet until about 9pm but we were able to sit on our deck and enjoy the music while having a glass of wine and enjoying the view. We had an awesome dinner at the restaurant. The only slight compliant I would have would be the room next door had noisy guests but other than that, great get-away.

Room Tip: The Great Diamond Island Suite was large and roomy which would be great if having extra people.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had lunch at the Inn on Peaks after a half day kayaking trip on the island. The food and service were great. Had the clam chowder and fish tacos - both were delicious. Would definitely recommend for lunch on the island.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The inn is cozy, clean, and very nice. We had a view with a deck. Service at onsite restaurant was fabulous. The only strange thing is a bank is where you would expect to check in, not at the restaurant and is not clear, banker very nice and must happen too often.

Room Tip: Room on front porch beautiful with view,street light bright at night, just close curtains, but had t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn on Peaks Island? Share your experiences!