“Quick trip to Maine” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Connecticut
“Quick trip to Maine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Had to pick up the boys at UMaine and needed a one night before heading home. Tried the University Inn as it was about 2 minutes from Campus. The place was clean and tidy. My room had all the amenities I could need, and the free moring brunch was great. As good if not better than any chain hotel. We will be staying there again in the furure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Maple Grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

very clean and well kept, reminds you of hotel stays when I was younger.
Breakfast is excellent and the staff was outstanding.
Very close to University - heads up though...25 mph only on the road to U of Maine, almost got a welcome to Maine card from the cities finest!

Room Tip: Request riverside room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I am originally from the Orono area but had not been back in years. There are only two options for hotels so I was hoping the University Inn would be ok. We stayed just one night and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the rooms. Our room was large, newly updated, clean and quite. This was not a time where there were many guests but still it could have been noisy but wasn't. I was especially glad we had a room looking out on the Stillwater river. There was mist on the water in the morning and as the cars went over the bridge it felt very homey and there was such a lovely fall feel. The breakfast we didn't really take advantage of because we had eaten way too much the night before but I did go down and saw that it was one of the more varied on our trip with hot eggs, bacon etc. I thought the breakfast area could have been easier to access but really thats being picky. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: For sure have a room that looks out on the river
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was very happy with my stay at the University Inn in Orono, ME. I was in town for business at the University of Maine-Orono. I have stayed in many motels due to business trips that take me to lots of small towns across the Northeast. University Inn was well situated, both near campus and within walking distance to a small downtown area with lots of food options. I also had a beautiful view through sliding glass doors looking out over the river and bridge. The room was very clean and on top of the usual shampoo/conditioner, soap, there were extra niceties like a vanity kit and mouthwash. The staff was extremely nice and helpful and the public spaces were well kept, including the dining area they had set up for breakfast. I will most certainly stay at the University Inn again when I'm in Orono next fall.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed most recently at the University Inn for homecoming weekend. We haven't stayed here in a number of years, and I was pleasantly surprised by the room upgrades, including new tvs, updated linens and "refreshed" bathrooms. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was well appointed. I do feel the price was high, however it was homecoming so that may have been a factor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Raymond, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have made this our preferred location while in Orono for many years and have been very pleased with the continuing improvements. The renovations have been great and the breakfasts are also very good. At this last trip we enjoyed the live music at the bar and the free drinks offered to the guests. Many kudos to the management.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I'll admit my travel experiences have been mostly with 5 Star Hotels and so staying at the UI for UMAINE Homecoming 2013 my expectations were dubious. NOT so, our room was comfortable especially the bed and seating. Everything was there for a great stay including the upgraded bathroom toiletries and luxurious towels. I jumped on the high speed no charge Internet, got my business done and off to festivities several sponsored by the Inn including live lounge entertainment and tailgating at the football game. You couldn't ask for more from Front Desk assistance to ownership to overall stay. I'm so pleased I've booked for next year and beyond. This California boy's expectations were realized. Perfecto.

Room Tip: Seek out the lower Stillwater River views and walk out to the pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to University Inn Academic Suites? Share your experiences!