“Consistently good food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Orono
Bangor, Maine
“Consistently good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Great food, service, and great value. The best value is during a special, such add Tuesday's taco nite. Gray deal. My boss eat all they want. No complaints. Best frozen drinks around. They also have a happy hour for drinks as well. Overall love them.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margarita's, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thanks for the review and for the loyal patronage!! We look forward to having you back again!

Tolland, Connecticut
“Great Margaritas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We just stopped in for a couple skinny margaritas! Very good. Place was nice inside! We tried the fried avocado for a appetizer, recommended by the bartender! Very friendly staff.

Visited June 2014
KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margarita's, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed your visit. Hope we see you again!
Miami, Florida
“Just can't beat their margaritas or salsa.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Having eaten at some great Mexican restaurants, yes, their food might leave a LITTLE to be desired. But their margaritas are fantastic, salsa fresh and spicy and the service is always excellent. When I get to Maine, I try to visit Margarita's....even for their drinks alone!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Quebec City, Canada
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great friendly service. Huge Margarita selection and then can be serve with crushed ice. The Veggie burrito is excellent! Portions are big as well. Good price.

Visited January 2014
NYC
“All-You-Can-Eat-Taco Tuesday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I'm a Texan, and this is my favorite Mexican option in the Bangor area so far. The warm chips and salsa was good, the waitress was nice, and Negra Modelo beer is always a good sign.

We took the all-you-can eat Taco Tuesday deal, and it was fine--or at least fine enough to the point of eating to levels of discomfort, but I'm a bit bothered to think how great it could have been. The tacos were pretty basic fare. The waitress asked if we wanted beef, beans, or chicken. I asked if I could have beef and beans in the same taco, and she said, "No, they're weirdly very rigid on the type of taco." But I wanted far more than just meat and beans in the same taco: I wanted lime and cilantro and Cholula (they have cheap hot sauce) and sour cream and jalapenos and radishes and Mexican cheese and corn tortillas(of course I didn't dare ask for any of this--given the rigid interpretation of "taco"). If they could come up with such a taco, I would buy property in the Orono area, and I'd eventually get diabetes but I wouldn't care!

I liked that the kids menu was reasonable. My kids ordered burritos and they came out
smothered with cheese. Kids like simple food, and all food is infinitely more complicated when you melt it to the plate with a layer of cheese.

• Visited October 2013