“Old Orchard Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Old Orchard Beach

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Old Orchard Beach
Directions
Old Orchard Beach, ME
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Old Orchard Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Loved Old Orchard Beach, Went a little past off season end of August and the crowd was just right!! Beach was beautiful and did many miles walking it looking for beach treasures. The Little Shops were cute and OK for prices. All the restaurants we went too were great and the prices were fabulous. Our hotel room was a little small for 4 people but we managed as we only slept there. Everything was within walking distance and would definitely go again. Can't wait for next time. Would recommend it to any beach lover.

Connecticut
“We didn't want to leave!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Old Orchard Beach was amazing. There was so much to do in the area. I have issues with my hometown because we have a great nightlife but there is never a darn thing to do in the day!! Well in Old Orchard, we went to amusement parks, waterparks, mini-golfing, and took a short drive to Portland for a Downeast Duck tour and a comedy club. And of course, I can't forget the 7 miles of beautiful beach. The water is pretty cold *I could only last 20 minutes* but all in all I'm glad I picked Old Orchard to spend my vacation. I brought my friend who had never been up north and she was amazed at the beautiful scenery and the fresh air. 100% Perfect vacation.

jamestown ny
“A family friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

Our family of 6 stayed at he Beach Villa Motel and Cottages. This is our favorite vacation to date. The 3 teens were busy between the shopping ,pier and beach scene. My husband and I loved being able to spend time together as a family....without hearing the "I'm bored" we have heard in the past. Bob and Cindy at the hotel really helped make us feel welcome. we are looking forward to returning.

Buffalo
“Summer at the beach in Maine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

As a couple with grown children in their 20's we plan vacations based upon the two of us but always invite the kids if they would like to come for part of the time away. This year we picked Old Orchard Beach Maine as a destination based upon a desire to return to Maine after 20 years, wanted a place on the beach and liked the proximity to Portland for urban adventure.

We rented a condo at the Grand Victorian for a week in July 2008 and were very pleased with the accomodations. Although the pier and amusement park were located right across the street , our unit provided a quiet respite and we did not hear much noise at all. The unit was tastfully decorated with a gourmet kitchen. There is a work out center and indoor pool as well. We took day trips to Freeport, Portland, Wolf's Neck State Park and Peaks Island. For a few days one 20 year old kid and friend joined us and they found plenty to do as well above and beyond going to the beach.

Fireworks are seen every Thursday night over the pier and ocean and there were plenty of shops with some beachy feel to them-souveniers, towels, suits, etc. as well as some newer stores that were offering a different selction of merchandise such as home decor, jewekry, etc.

Old Orchard Beach offers an abundance of family oriented activities and is a great people watching place as well. The location is great for day trips that provide nature based or shopping excursions such as Portland at the outlets in Freeport with LLBean's flagship store there.

I would recommend staying at the Grand Victorian, especially if your unit is on one of the higher floors and facing the beach.

connecticut
“crowded, but a good experience for families with kids.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

This area is a major attraction in maine, and has an amusement park (small one) on the beach, along with a small pier and very large beach. The beach is nice, and 7 miles long. Parking isn't easy, though, and forget about convenient restrooms. Unless you are staying at a hotel on the strip, which would make taking your children to the bathroom easy, it will be a nightmare for you....
Lots of touristy shops, and no shortage of food vendors selling one of the following: Pizza, fried dough, hot dogs, ice cream,and oh, Pizza. And Pizza. Bring your lunch of you are on any kind of healthy regime. or diet. Or dont want to clog your ateries while there.... But hey, What is vacation all about? Kids had a great time...

Been to Old Orchard Beach? Share your experiences!