This hotel has cottages adjacent to the main property. My husband relocated to Maine (we are from Oklahoma) and wanted to surprise him for Thanksgiving. I spoke with the general manager on the phone initially, he was very nice. He said their largest cottage . The Captains Cottage would be available that week, and even offered to let us rent it for the smaller cottages price. My husband arrived first and paid for the week. . We did not get the cheaper rate, it was over 900 dollars. It looks nice and big from the outside and it's a short walk to the beach.. but once we went inside, they did not have the heat on for us. It was FREEZING. We had to keep coats and gloves on for nearly 3 hours. I asked specifically on the phone about the kitchen...because I planned on making dinner. I was told it had a fully equipped kitchen. No. It had an "easy bake oven". It was tiny! There was not even so
much as a knife in there. No dish stopper, I had to buy a lot of things just to function for the week. The place was filthy. Cobwebs..dust.. There was 1 thin papery blanket on the
beds. No extra blankets in the place,no extra pillows, there was 6 of us, 3 towels were there. We assumed housekeeping would be in during the week... nope. Had to walk to the office everytime. The house is also severely slanted, so it makes you dizzy. The stairs are steep and slanted. Dangerous. My daughter and myself slid down them multiple times. Also there is a wooden overhanging at the bottom of the stairs, so of your tall. .you will bump your head everytime. The wrap around porch is nice.. All in all.. There are plenty of other places to rent in Old Orchard that are a better value. The Man that worked in the office was a sweetheart... And he works his tail off. He was running around all the time. And even helped us get our car out of the snow, and the neighbors.would I stay there again? Maybe in one of the rooms for an overnight. .not an extended stay or in the cottages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Beach Inn provides spacious accommodations with direct access to 7 miles of sandy beach. We offer deluxe rooms and suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, air conditioning, heat, extended cable television, telephones and much more. Located in the most beautiful section of Old Orchard, you'll enjoy the finest beach in Maine. Take a relaxing stroll along the waters edge to the town center where you will find the famous Old Orchard Pier, Palace Playland amusement park, along with many shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Beach Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Grand Beach Old Orchard
- Grand Beach Inn Old Orchard Beach, Maine