“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Richard's By The Sea

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
Richard's By The Sea
You added Richard's By The Sea to your Saves list
5 Kinney Avenue, Old Orchard Beach, ME   |
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I was nervous booking a stay for my family somewhere that I had never been and had no friends who had stayed there. I was pleasantly surprised with Richards By The Sea. The online photos don't do it justice. It was just a few steps from the beach. Our room had an ocean view from every window. There are balconies on every floor and a nice area in the back to lounge with friends and bbq. It was only a couple of blocks from the carnival as well. It was great for the kids we went to the beach during the day and the carnival in the evening. Also great for couples. Plenty of restaurants. We didn't ever need to get in the car because everything was right there. I even got a massage at a spa one morning only one block from the hotel. It was great!

The one bedroom suite was the perfect size for 4 and could have accommodated 6 easily. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The owners were very friendly and helpful. It's obvious they take a lot of pride in their hotel and their town. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I was just reading the reviews of Richards by the Sea and was VERY surprised when I read a negative review. My Family and I have been coming here for years,we go every year.We Love it . I have stayed at other Hotels at Old Orchard Beach and "NONE" compare to Richards By The Sea. The location is Awesome!!!!.The owners Lisa and Paul are WONDERFUL people. I always stay in a one bedroom when im at Richards By The Sea, and the Size and Comfort are WONDERFUL . Old Orchard Beach is a Family Tradition now and Richards By The Sea is the only place we will stay ,and TRUST me we are very very pickey people!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My family just got back from a lovely stay at Richard's by the Sea in Old Orchard Beach. Lisa and Paul are incredible- very warm and welcoming- felt like I'd known them for years! The Inn is lovely- very, very clean and our room was quite spacious (we had one of the one bedroom suites). The kitchen was fully equipped with everything we needed to cook all of our meals. There are also 2 nice big BBQs in the backyard for the guests to use, which we did.
Richard's is just a hop, skip and a jump to the beautiful sand beach- it's literally right there! The boys loved how close we were to all the action of the pier and amusement park as well. Everything is within a short walking distance.....all the little shops too.
All in all, a wonderful trip. Lisa and Paul are great with the kids too- it's nice to be in a place where you can really relax with younger kids and not have to worry about tiptoeing around or anything!
Thanks Lisa and Paul....we'll be back!

Shannon P
Ottawa, ON
Canada

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bangor, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

My family came here on vacation 4(of them) and I wasn't sure if I would have been able to coming. Prior everyone arriving one of the owners (Lisa) was asked if it woujld be a problem and she told us no.. she also told us we wouldn't have a problem with having an extra parking space. Following my first night here the other owner (Paul) asked me to move my car that the hotel was booked for the day/night so we moved my vehicle no problem we understood he needed it for guests.. so we payed $20 to have my car parked elsewhere. Later that evening the owners approached my father in law to inform him that I could not stay in their room that if I wanted to stay there I needed to buy another room and that my car couldn't be parked in the parking lot. They also lied about the hotel being booked for the day/night and simply said "We thought you'd get the hint" We agreed to buy another room and asked if it would be alright if I could park my car here till tomorrow evening and they told me no it had to be out by 1 or I would have to pay another night.. these people were not over booked, were very rude and seemed like a bunch of mooney moochers.. If your looking for nice and friendly people your going to the wrong place these people are out to make a buck and thats all. Very dramatic,played games not something you want while your on vacation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
lisagribbin, Owner at Richard's By The Sea, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
The person that wrote this review was an unregistered, unauthorized adult who stayed at our hotel on the first night without our knowledge. When he was questioned, he was unhappy with our response that he could not continue to stay in a room that was at maximum occupancy and he could not park in our lot. He continued to be on our property as an unregistered person.
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

We stayed here largely because of the reviews and we were not disappointed. For a family of six, the family suite was perfect. We didn't have much room to spare, but we were only there to sleep. Everyone had a spot in a bed and we even had a kitchen to eat breakfast and lunch in and splurge on dinner. The location was fabulous. We could go in and out from the beach to the room/car for food or stuff and not have to worry about carrying everything with us first thing in the morning. Lisa was great. She was a wealth of information and an all-around nice gal! With young kids and teenagers, they wanted to be near the action of the pier and this was the spot.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

My family stayed the second week of july 2008.Two adults two teenagers.Our room had everything we needed.Although this year when we go I'm going to get a one bedroom suite.It will be alittle bit bigger for us.It was alittle cramped with teenagers,it would be perfect for 2-3 people.Its not extemely small,but if you want more room then get the 1 bedroom suite.It is still very nice the owners are very nice.Although I only meant 1 of them.We were on the third floor so we had a great partial view of the ocean the beach,and surrounding buildings.Plus being only 2 blocks from the pier was great.The beach was also very nice on the east side of the pier.The rates are reasonable also . Not pricey like some places up there.We will continue to go back every year,as long as we can.

• Liked — closeness to the beach and pier
  • Disliked — carrying everything up two flights of stairs
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Laval, Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

We have just returned from a 5 day stay at Richards by the Sea and it's been great... This motel is a hidden jewel situated just a few steps from the beach and pier... We were a party of three... Myself and my two sons 12 & 14... Our room had one double bed and a futon that converts into a double bed... A kitchenette... A table with four chairs and a decent size bathroom... This was just perfect for the three of us... There is no maid service but who needs it... We can have a change of towels and anything else we need anytime... Just ask the owners Lisa & Paul who are there to accomodate us 24/7... These guys are fantastic people... You actually feel like you've known them forever... We'll be back there for sure!!

• Liked — Proximity to the beach & price
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Richard's By The Sea? Share your experiences!