“My favorite place to stay in OOB” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Richard's By The Sea

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
Richard's By The Sea
You added Richard's By The Sea to your Saves list
5 Kinney Avenue, Old Orchard Beach, ME   |
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Minot, Maine
“My favorite place to stay in OOB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I have been staying at Richard's by the Sea for many years and it is my favorite place, it is like my home away from home. Lisa and Paul are always very courteous and helpful. The rooms are always clean and every year they do some sort of updates, like fresh paint, new counter tops, etc. I wouldn't even think of staying at another place. The location is perfect, close to down town and the view of the beach from the front porch :) is just beautiful. I recommend Richard's by the Sea to all of my family and friends, everyone is always just as happy as I have always been.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We have been guests at Richard's by the sea for 3 straight years now. We waited to write a review because we wanted to keep this find to ourselves! It is a small motel by Old Orchard standards and that is why we enjoy it. Situated on a side street leading to the beach, the kids have a few feet to go barefoot before they hit sand.
Lisa and Paul, the owners, are always ready to satisfy our requests, suggest restaurant and the best places to shop. We enjoy the fact that we are not a number here. They will remember our plans for the day for example and ask us how we enjoyed it the next time they see us.

The property is not new but it is always clean and fully stocked. Compared to other motels that rent with a "full kitchen", this IS a full kitchen. With a stove and oven, a large sized fridge, coffee maker, microwave, barbecues outside and all you need to make your meals.

A few street from the dock and Playland and a great view of the fireworks from their decks.

Lisa and Paul, thank you for the great memories and we are looking foward to making some new ones in the years to come.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sutton, Massachusetts

We love Richard's by the Sea,
Lisa and family are so nice. We've never had anything but a relaxing time. Sitting on the porches and grilling as much as we want.

Four of July fireworks were unbelieveable. We could see them from the top porch front of the house! No need to stand on the beach with 1,000 of people, it was awesome.

We are definately planning on going back next year!

Come and see Lisa at Richards by the Sea- You'll love it too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My friends and I have stayed at Richard's By The Sea every summer for more than 9 years. Each year we are impressed but not surprised by the immaculately clean, superior accommodations of Richard's. If you are looking for a friendly, centrally located, affordable place to stay at OOB...Richard's is that place. Lisa and Paul (owners) are genuine people who befriend their guests, make sure they are comfortable, and take incredible pride in their hotel.

From the gorgeous backyard patio with grills, tables, and a flower garden...to the front porches where you can sit and enjoy the ocean breeze...Richard's is truly a gem. Rooms of various sizes are available and each has cable tv, A/C, and a kitchenette. The beds and futon sofas are very comfortable. Fresh towels are left for you at your request.

We park our car when we arrive and leave it parked until we head home. Miles of beautiful beach, amusements, restaurants, shops and the famous Pier are all just steps away from Richard's. I still cannot comprehend why anyone would stay anywhere else at OOB! Thanks, Lisa and Paul, for another perfect getaway at Richard's. We'll see you next summer!!!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room at Richard's!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Grafton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

This was my first weekend up to OOB this year. I have stayed at Richards by the Sea many many times. Sometimes I go alone, with my teenage girls or with my fiance. I have never been disappointed. Lisa and Paul are great to do business with, but they are also wonderful to visit with. It is right on the beach, which is what I look for; but close to the pier which is what my kids look for.
This weekend was no exception. It was quiet and peaceful, yet the town was starting to come to life for the season as well. I would recommend Richards to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

Great location and the owners seemed friendly - It was very very close to the beach - and it also had great curb appeal - Loved the flowers!!
but,
the BED WAS TO SMALL - not sure, but if I had to guess it was a "full" size. We have a queen at home and this bed seemed a lot smaller - We also did not use the "kitchenette", but I could see where this would be great if you were staying for more than a couple of nights.

I would try this hotel again, "loved the location to the shops, pier, and beach" but I would try a "bedroom suite" next time.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I was nervous booking a stay for my family somewhere that I had never been and had no friends who had stayed there. I was pleasantly surprised with Richards By The Sea. The online photos don't do it justice. It was just a few steps from the beach. Our room had an ocean view from every window. There are balconies on every floor and a nice area in the back to lounge with friends and bbq. It was only a couple of blocks from the carnival as well. It was great for the kids we went to the beach during the day and the carnival in the evening. Also great for couples. Plenty of restaurants. We didn't ever need to get in the car because everything was right there. I even got a massage at a spa one morning only one block from the hotel. It was great!

The one bedroom suite was the perfect size for 4 and could have accommodated 6 easily. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The owners were very friendly and helpful. It's obvious they take a lot of pride in their hotel and their town. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Richard's By The Sea? Share your experiences!