We've said in OOB every year since we got married. Many times it was at the old Colonial. When we arrived this last time the room was completely unclean, coffee stains on the tables, the 'shelf' in the kitchen was falling down, there were crumbs on the couch and beds, the AC didn't work, TV was broken. Basically no one paid any attention to the room. It was the first weekend they were opened and no one bothered to see if the rooms were clean. But the biggest disappointment was the pool was closed. We had been told the pool would be opened for the weekend we were there. When we arrived it was no opened. We asked if was going to be opened and were told no, there weren't enough guests so they weren't going to bother. We asked for a switch of rooms for one that was CLEAN and they couldn't do it. We decided to leave, I was extremely disappointed since we've said here on our honeymoon years and years ago, we wanted to carry on the tradition. We checked out, with a complete refund, and went next door where their pool was open, they were extremely nice, rooms were the same price and GORGEOUS!
This hotel defintely needs some work. Some updating, and management without attitude. I hope to one day be back to carry on our tradition but until they do some updating we'll be staying next door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 30 Unit recently updated motel located directly on the beach with great ocean views. Within walking distance to the downtown area and arcade and amusement park. Check us out on FACEBOOK for specials throughout the season ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Old Colonial Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Old Colonial Orchard Beach
- Old Colonial Motel Old Orchard Beach, Maine