“Gorgeous & quaint!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Orchard Beach Inn

You added Old Orchard Beach Inn to your Saves list
Old Orchard Beach Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   6 Portland Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas
“Gorgeous & quaint!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

This place is wonderful! The innkeeper is very sweet and welcoming, the rooms are furnished with antiques and the views are lovely! We had a great time! Their breakfast was great too! Very simple & wonderful!!! This is one of those "warm fuzzy places".

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

We greatly enjoyed our stay at Old Orchard Beach Inn. We got into Portland later than expected due to a delay at JFK, but the owner stayed up and waited for us so she could check us in and show us around. It smells amazing when you walk into the front room!

Breakfast was good. Sitting on the front porch to eat breakfast is a must if the weather is nice. The room was very comfortable. We had a queen bed on the 2nd floor. The mattress was very comfy/cozy. The Inn had a lot of charm since it has been around for such a long time.

The Inn is right down the street from the Pier and the beach. Both of these were a little touristy.

The owner gave us a great recommendation for a local lobster place.

If you stay here, you have to eat some of the blueberry jam. It is some of the best I've ever had. I wish I had bought some to bring home. I'm regretting that.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

I have never stayed in a B&B in Old Orchard before, but I needed to do research for my novel and so I chose the Old Orchard Beach Inn based on the info presented on their website. When I called to make my reservation, the inn keeper was incredibly nice and tried explaining the differences between the rooms to me over the phone.

When I arrived, the small of freshly baked cookies filled the office. Christine told me that she had upgraded my room at no charge to one that had a view of the ocean, since it was empty. This was a delightful suprise, since the room I had booked was one of the smallest ones, and the new one was quite large (and with a bigger bed). The Inn itself and my room especially were tastefully decorated, immaculately clean, and appointed with the appropriate time period furnishings. The Inn is quiet, and there was a small TV in my room, so I could work on my writing and catch the Sox game at the same time. I asked the man at the front desk to keep the wine I had purchased chilled for me until I returned from dinner, which he kindly did, and offered me a wine glass and wine key, if I needed one.

This was the first time I traveled alone, and I felt perfectly comfortable, catered to, and at home.

I highly suggest the Old Orchard Beach Inn. Its location is close enough to the pier and strip, but far enough away for some rest and relaxation. A wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

Having never traveled to Maine before, I stumbled across the inn's website and decided to book a room due to lack of vacancies in the area. When we arrived, wow was I surprised! The place was so comforting despite the rain and cold weather! I felt right at home immediately. The room was beautifuly decorated and the bed was very comfortable. I especially enjoyed tea and refreshments on the way out during the day. I could not have asked for a more pleasant and romantic stay. The inn is in close walking distance to the beach but slightly off the beaten path for a quieter experience at night. The innkeepers were very hospitable and offered great recommendations for things to do and places to eat. I will definitely stay here again when I come to Old Orchard Beach and hopefully for more than one night. The rooms are very clean and cute for what you pay for. A great stay indeed!

• Liked — The inkeepers and the cleanliness
  • Disliked — no Internet connection
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Stratford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

We highly recommend the Old Orchard Beach Inn. It's just charming and centrally located to all of our favorite destinations in Southern Maine! The rooms are large, immaculate and charming - a perfect place to relax. Breakfast was delicious - it was nice sitting out on the front porch drinking our morning coffee. The Inn Keeper is just wonderful - very helpful with directions to points of interests, local events, dining, etc. This was our fifth stay at the Old Orchard Beach Inn - We won't stay anywhere else when visiting Southern Maine!

Stayed October 2007
Kernersville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

The Old Orchard Beach Inn is lovely. Our room was not only beautiful but very comfortable. The Inn Keeper couldn't have been any nicer. She was very helpful with 'things to do & places to visit', making the most of our stay. This was our first visit to the area & we stayed here because of the wonderful stay our friends had here earlier in the year..

I highly recommend The Old Orchard Beach Inn. You won't be dissapointed.

Stayed October 2007
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

We drove up to Maine from the Sea Food Festival in Hampton Beach and was looking for a place to stay. There appeared to be no vacancies at several of the motels and inns. Then we drove up the hill and my friend spotted the vacancy sign in front of the Inn. So we went in and was greeted by the owner who was very down to earth and accommodating. There was even tea and cookies set out for the travelers. We had a room on the second floor that was a good size and beautifully decorated. The breakfast had alot to choose from and the coffee was the best!
It is quieter staying there then down in the town. Easy walking distance to everywhere.
I will go back next year and recommend it to anyone.

Stayed September 2007

Been to Old Orchard Beach Inn? Share your experiences!