“Great breakfast at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Colorado
“Great breakfast at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

My husband and I had breakfast here on Labor Day morning. We really enjoyed eating at a "real" restaurant after a week of trying out many of the beach stand and quick serve places in OOB. I had eggs with home fries and toast and he had an omelette. Both were very good and the prices were reasonable. We sat at a window table overlooking the grass and dunes. Our server was quick and friendly. The decor did seem a bit outdated but the place was clean and food was served on real plates with real silverware. An added bonus is that Joseph's has its own parking lot and visitors do not need to pay to park as they do at many other places along the beach.

• Visited September 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Gatineau, Canada
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

good option for something fancier than the fast food from the pier. The prices are a bit higher than the usual other OOB restaurants but it is worth for a special night

Visited August 2014
Astoria, New York
“Garden Terrace is Where it's at!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Sometimes I need a good fine dining meal while vacationing. Joseph's exceeded my expectations! The view from the enclosed garden terrace was phenomenal! An ocean view with a nice cool ocean breeze and outstanding service was just what I was looking for.

I had the pasta with pieces of mussels, shrimp and salmon. I would describe the sauce as a scampi with a touch of cream. So good! My wife had the butter nut crusted haddock and she ate every bite! Great wine selection and be sure to partake in the table bread. It's far from average:)

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The food is like what you would get at a wedding.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

The food was way overpriced, and services were really poor. When the server brought the beers to us, she spilled it over the table also got it on my husband’s pants. And then when we were ordering, she just rushed us before we were done saying what we wanted. There were quite a few of us, so I got to see a lot of Joseph’s by the Sea’s food, and none of their dishes was good. The scallops were overcooked; the steaks were only like half-inch thick; the meat from a 1 and ¼ pound lobster was less than a normal one-pound lobster; the rice and vegetables were tasteless (they probably cooked a ton of them, and just microwave them before serving); the lobster bisque was runny and bland. I think the only two good things about this place were the olive butter and the view. If you are looking for a good view, good atmosphere, and don’t really care about the food, then this is a place for you. But if you are a foodie, then you will not be happy with Joseph’s by the Sea.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“A Touch of Class with Fine Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Old Orchard Beach is quite touristy and crowded in July. Joseph's is like an oasis in a desert! The building is magnificent with views of the ocean and quiet table settings. The food was incredibly good. We had a linguine with lobster and shrimp sauce which was as good as I have ever had. Nice wine list too! The service was wonderful and the hospitality made this an unforgettable experience. Joseph's is one my Maine "A" list, along with Fore St. restaurant.

• Visited July 2014