Researched for hours on www, then decided to just drive the 450 miles from Canada to OOB and take a drive around to check for any vacancies for a 3 night stay from Sat. 11th.
East Grand Ave., is clearly older the West grand Ave. in the downtown areas.
We picked the Gull Motel (they also have cottages, apartments and an Inn).
Everything one needs is here at the motel, of course if someone in ya party wants to just stay in and watch TV, leave them at home.
It is a 5 minute stroll to the pier area, passing a small convienience store.
At night one is far enough away not to hear the fun fair at the pier.
Our room with kichenette and balcony was fine for the price of $150 per night.
On site owner operator is very friendly and organized.
This is our first time in OOB, three nights is enough to see it all.
Anyone who has been to a Greek Island and spent a week, dining, drinking, walking on the beach and sleeping would recognize OOB, as the US east coast version.
Plus if you are from the UK (like my wife and I but now reside in Canada) you might recognize it as a similar kind of seaside town to Great Yarmouth in Norfolk, England.
Glad we came to OOB, probably call in again in a few years.
- Also Known As:
- The Gull Motel, Inn And Cottages Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- The Gull Motel, Inn And Cottages Hotel
- The Gull Motel, Inn And Cottages Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gull Motel, Inn, Cottages and Apartments offer four affordable and unique places to stay in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Our Inn and Cottages are located directly on the beach and our Motel and Apartments are steps (75 yards) from Maine’s Best Beach! Please read on to see which lodging option works best for you, our Motel, our Bed and Breakfast Inn, a Beachfront Cottage or a spacious Apartment. ... more less