“Good fried treats!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Ottawa
“Good fried treats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Tried fried dough and Oreos and both were great. Prices were better than on the pier and Oreos were melted and gooey.

Visited June 2012

63% Recommend
NY
“Love Deweys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Food at Deweys is very, very good. Been twice now. Good value, great food.

My only reasons for not giving it all five stars are #1 I had Chowder this last time and it was bland and thin (we were early to eat and I think maybe it just wasn't as ready as it could have been) and #2 the lady behind the counter is never exactly "warm and fuzzy". Not rude, but not welcoming, a bit intimidating to place your order.

I worked in kitchens for years and years and most great cooks are not people persons.....myself included.......so just hire someone friendly for the front counter......that's my only recommendation.

Otherwise....love it!

Visited May 2011
Burlington, Vermont
“Delicious Fried Whole Clams and Scallops”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Dewey's is a small walk-up stand in the center of town not far from the pier. My husband and I tried several items from the Dewey's menu. The fried whole clams and the fried scallops were delicious! They were probably the best I have had...So fresh and juicy! We also had a fried dough which was pretty good, but nothing any different than one you would purchase elsewhere. My husband also tried the chicken tenders and fries since he does not eat seafood. The chicken tenders and fries were adequate but you can obviously tell that seafood is their specialty.

Unlike other places in town Dewey's always seems to be clean and the employees are friendly and hard working. I would definitely purchase seafood there again.

new hampshire
“NEVER HAD BETTER SEAFOOD..OH YEAH DEEP FRIED OREOS......WHAT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

This place is great, our family goes to Old Orchard Beach every year, and half the reason why is for Dewey's. Their home-ade clam cakes are the best i've ever had period, and i've had plenty to compare. In fact every thing you get their is great, not to mention its one of the only clean places you'll find. If you go to OOB then stop at Dewey's ...ps Deep-fried Oreos!!!