“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Pine View Lodge
100 Atlantic Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME ME 04064   |
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Even before we checked in, Miles the owner called to check on us to make sure we weren't lost. He was the friendliest man and gave us plenty of things to do in the area. Our room was big and very clean. It exceeded our expectations. We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed July 2013

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Swansea, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had booked this place only to find out that it was such a sham. Totally miss represented we had booked a cottage upon arrival they told us that that they were none available after we carefully reviewed everything on line. Management I cannot even tell any one how bad they were The man that we dealt with was like know one I have came across in my life he was so rude and obnoxious please I cannot tell any one what to do but be so cautious when booking this hotel there is so many nice places down there check but me smart and do not book the Pine View Lodge. In the end I know that you will thank me! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Clifton Park, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

When I go on vacation I look for quaint places to stay that are clean and have a friendly staff. I got both at the Pine View Lodge. New ownership in the last month or so and he was very nice and accommodating. These rooms are basic and cover the necessities. I don't go on vacation to stay in the room so dated decor and small rooms don't bother me. The bathrooms are interesting but functional. I think they were "modernized" some time in the past. My family and I will stay there again. We go to OOB to play at the beach...not complain about the room which was SUPER affordable and clean.

Room Tip: For more than two people you will need to let the staff know. Single rooms are not good for families...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fryeburg, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

small rooms, hard beds, toilet in bathroom about 8 feet away from pillows on bed. my wife and i made a last minute reservation, arrived there, went to check in and no body was around! rang the bell, yelled into back room....nothing...nobody. had to call the office that i was standing in and got the answering machine. after an hour somebody called me back... think they were sleeping.at 4 oclock in the afternoon! will never go back.

Room Tip: no good rooms from what we had experienced!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

It's ok if you're in a pinch, can't find anywhere else or on a tight budget. We take our big Maine trip in May so this was just a quick 'pop in' and we couldn't find much to fit our budget last minute.

The cabins are rustic. Not cutesie, artsy craftsy rustic. Rustic as in exposed beams, creaky bed, rusty shower, garage sale furniture, bare floors, small TV. I can't speak for the motel rooms, we only saw our cabin.

I am not trashing the place so please don't get me wrong. Just trying to give you an honest picture. The cabin was a little rough, some stuff was very cheap-ish (dish soap was provided in a plastic cup in our kitchenette) BUT it was relatively clean, it kept us dry, the owners were very friendly, they have a nice pool that's open late and we had free wi fi. Overall we were comfie for one night.

I only paid 105, they didn't charge us for the 2 kids. I have to say, if I'd paid 150 a night for what we got, I would have been a little harsher about the conditions. But for 105, to be treated well, have a clean, dry place to sleep that is relatively close to the beach and a nice pool to cool off in after a long day -- it suited our needs.

OH and one last tip: The owners also offer free shuttle service to the beach, which is nice. If you choose to walk (we did) then I'd recommend using the main road. Some of the side streets to the right are a little sketchy. My 12 year got to see her first drug deal as we scurried past as quickly as possible (yay...not). After that we avoided that neighborhood and our walks were enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pine View Lodge? Share your experiences!