“Always the BEST in Old Orchard Beach!” 5 of 5 stars

197 E Grand Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064   |
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Jerome, Canada
“Always the BEST in Old Orchard Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Stayed in room 330 (the second room from the beach) and had again a fabulous time! We have been going to OOB for 10 years and tried a few hotels on the other side of the Pier for 3 years and ever since we found the Ocean Walk Hotel it has been our destination! The beach is clean and wide, and you can swim no matter if it's high or low tide (which is NOT the case near the SeaView hotel, where the undertown is too strong for young children when it's high tide). At the Ocean Walk Hotel, you have clean rooms with fridge, microwave, stove top (2), laundry facilities, free lounge chairs, BBQ, indoor heated swimming pool and movie rentals and the nicest, flat and quiet beach in Old Orchard! Only and 20-25 minutes walk to the Pier on a nice and non crowded beach, it's pure heaven!

Were leaving for the Ocean Walk this Thursday with my now teenage boys and the whole family is really looking forward to another memorable week at the Ocean Walk!

If in Old Orchard, come and visit the Ocean Walk Hotel, you will not be disappointed. I strongly recommend the hotel and the Saucier family are such nice people, you'll be coming back again and again!!! Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
China, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Okay, the room was mostly clean, the kids had fun in the pool, it was not mentioned that the bed came out of the wall and at 5 am the upstairs occupants would be conducting some kind of three ring circus act . I was fine with all of these things BUT when the hotel owner/manager started harassing us at 9:38 to get out of our room because they had other guests waiting to check in (check in time is 1pm and check out time is 10am). The first time he knocked on our door he could see that we were clearly packing everything up and on our way out but he preceded to come back 2 MORE times!!! I was so angry, I have been all over the world and never in my life experienced anything like this before. He threatned a late occupancy fee - LOL!! We were all checked out and in the car by 10:03!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I stayed at the Ocean Walk for an Annual Girlfriends Weekend Away. We have been going to different parts of Maine for the last 6-7 years. This hotel and Beach were the best by far! The room was big enough to accomadate 5 girls for 3 nights and not feel crammed into it. The murphy beds and kitchenette made us feel like we had our own little apartment for the weekend. The owners and staff were wonderful, friendly and accomadating. Our room was very clean and comfy. We will be back again next summer!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Hanover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I just came back from my stay at Oceanwalk hotel. I stayed 3 nights with 4 of my girlfriends. We stayed in the large studio which had two very comfortable queen size murphy beds and a comfy futon. The room was immaculate and well kept up as well as the property. The beach was gorgeous with its soft white sand. They had plenty of lounge chairs to go around. I cannot say enough about this property - the owners were incredible!!! They came around every morning asking if we need anything and when we did they were more than happy to get it. I am actually thinking about going back this summer with my children. I know I will be definitely going back with my friends next summer in hopes of getting an Ocean front room. If I don't get one I will stay there anyway.

I highly recommend Ocean Walk hotel!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I stayed at the Ocean Walk with my husband for the last part of our honeymoon. We chose this hotel and room for the view of the ocean. We stayed in an ocean view room, and as promised, the room faced the ocean, and the beach was about 5 steps out of our front door. Unfortunately, though, the view of the ocean was tainted by the condition of the room. The blinds were rusty, and when my husband opened the window the last lock intact on the window fell off. We called the front desk, and someone came to check on it right away. The solution that followed was to cut down a piece of plastic material to fit in the slider so no one could open the window. It did the job, but not really impressive. Worst of all, when we pulled down the murphy bed, the sheets had stains on them. We slept with our clothes on, and on top of the covers. Luckily, I ran into a woman cleaning the room the next day and expressed my displeasure. She responded that most of the sheets were that way, but would try to find me a new set. She didn't find a new set, but one that was acceptable. Apparently, the owners are older and do not want to invest in fixing up the place. This is an unfortunate review for a property that has a PRIME location, and could turn their hotel in to a "must stay." With the conditions as they are, I would never stay there again.

As for Old Orchard beach, the area itself could use a face lift. We heard from some people it is "Honky Tonk." Before getting there we didn't understand what they meant. Driving down the road we knew. If you enjoy fried dough, pizza by the slice, and stores filled with junk, this is the place to vacation. Again, unfortunate because the beach is great. I think we were just lucky all the way around that we ended up there pre-season before the town got swamped with people.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Constantia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

This was my first visit to Maine. The people here are so friendly and inviting, I loved Maine! The room we had was small but cozy. The staff was very friendly and rooms were clean. The best part was walking out of our room right onto the beach. Worth every penny. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

Went to OOB for the first time between Aug.23-28; had no idea where to stay so perused Tripadvisor where I found many positive reviews for the Ocean Walk Hotel. We have now joined the ranks of everyone singing their praises. Although the room was a little on the small side ~ it was more than adequate for 2 adults and 1 child (aged 9). The kitchen facilities were great (very old toaster oven, but it worked). Our only (small) complaint was that the tub took forever to drain (therefore filled while you were showering), but this was our only issue. The staff is great and accomodated our every request. Beautiful beach!! We will certainly be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Walk Hotel? Share your experiences!