“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Athol, Massachusetts
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I was looking for a quiet place away from the noise of the pier and clubs and decided on this hotel. The room was oceanfront and very nice...a little bit outdated and worn but not too much. The corner where my room was located was very high-traffic (stairwell) which was mostly the only noise I encountered staying here. I would stay here again but I would spend a little more money and reserve the suite instead of the studio, away from the foot traffic. My only complaint is the wireless was not very good. The signal was strong but the bandwidth was bad on multiple occasions but I blame that on Comcast. The room was very clean and the hotel was kept up nicely. The staff was courteous and friendly. The pool across the street was nice also. I appreciated the fact that they had a large parking lot and spots were not assigned.

Room Tip: Don't choose the ocean front studio room on the 2nd floor left corner if you don't like a lo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Exeter, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have been going to Ocean Walk for 20 years or more and will continue to go back. We thoroughly enjoy the view and the fact that you are right on the beach. It is nice to have the beach chairs and lounges provided and you don't have to bring your own. Less things to pack.
We, and our grandchildren enjoy the pool which is a real plus when the ocean is cold and perhaps a rainy day. Our unit is always very clean and all the linens, towels are changed daily. The staff is more than helpful and very friendly. Because of the number of years that we have been enjoying OceanWalk, we feel like part of the family as we have seen Brandon grow up to the nice young man he is.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My family have been going to the Ocean Walk going on 20 years I think. From visiting with my parents staying there, to me and my wife, now my family and inlaws. It is run by a local Family and they all pitch in and help with your stay. We really enjoyed it and staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had a nice time. We will be returning next year and hope to continue our yearly beach tradition at the Ocean Walk. Someday I hope my grandchildren start going there. Growing up, I had some of my best memories going to OOB and visiting Pine Point and other areas at the Maine Coast. Thank you

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and i stayed at various places at OOB and elsewhere and we never found anything compare to this hotel, it fills all our needs with the kichenette and it is immaculately clean,and it's right on the beach and a big plus is that we don't feel confine because of it's outdoor access to every room , has air conditioning , we have been staying there now for quite a few years and going again in July,we prefer this to renting a cottage with three bedrooms as we have done before and it smelled musty, and the access to a swimming pool if we chose that way as our grandaughter did recently , they said they wish the water was warmer though, , and also rented a cabana which was a great idea as our daughters were with us and one had a 1 yr. old and a three year old , so she put the one yr. old for a nap in the cabana, this is my favorite place at OOB and mostly elswhere for sure. Every one working there is always so curteous .We love it.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We have been going to the Ocean Walk Hotel for 18 years and love it. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff takes excellent are of us. They don't actually get the credit for the beach, but the beach is incredible - not to mention right outside our room! We also eat regularly at the Lobster Claw in Saco, a small family-owned seafood place that also can't be beat.

new hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Love the Ocean Walk. We just spend 5 nights there and it was great. Everyone(guests included) were really friendly and helpful. It was wonderful to walk out of our room and be able to view the ocean from chairs right on the walk.
I did find the lock a bit difficult to manuver. It was tricky but manageable. Also found the bed a bit soft for my liking, but that's a personal preference. Everything was so clean and neat, and it was great being able to cook in if we wanted.
We will definitely be back next spring!Thanks for your great hospitality!

Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very clean room, right on the beach, friendly staff, close to eateries, town. Enjoyed our stay and will go back. Lounge chairs supplied first come were a nice offering. This was our first time here and we absolutely loved it.

Room Tip: Not sure what all the rooms are like but we stayed on 2nd floor and it was pleasant.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Ocean Walk Hotel? Share your experiences!