“MEMORIAL DAY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean Walk Hotel
197 E Grand Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064   |
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Methuen, Massachusetts
“MEMORIAL DAY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The service was very good and the rooms are very clean. I went with my family and friends for Memorial Day weekend and we had a wonderful time. I have already reserved a room for next year and I am looking forward to going back. This is a very down to earth place, and everyone gets along and has a good time. The location is great, right on the beach, and the pool is clean. I recommend this to all my friends.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We loved the hotel and the beach. I loved being on the ocean, but a little ways away from the pier and amusement park. Our suite was perfect. Out of a week long vacation with tons of activities, my kids liked the indoor pool at the hotel the best. The staff was very nice and helpful in helping g us plan nearby activities and find good places to eat. We will return.

Room Tip: I would suggest one of the one bedroom suites, all of which at least have a side view of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Terrebonne, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel from May 4th to May 9th. We originally had booked for five days, but because we loved the place so much we extended for an additional day. This Hotel is well taken care of and we felt very safe. Our Regular Studio was comfortable and large enough for two persons. (Some people could like the Small Studio if they want to pay a cheaper rate, but for a couple we would suggest the Regular Studio). It was extremely clean. Christine, our room Attendant, takes pride in doing her job. We had the chance to meet the Owners, Mr. and Mrs. Saucier, their two sons and daughter-in-law. They are lovely people. They make you feel more than welcome. They will do the extra mile to answer your questions, give you all pertinent information and they make you feel at home. The Rooms are all on the Ocean Side. On the other side of the street you have a building with the office and a large indoor heated swimming pool. A vast area for parking is provided on the side and rear of this building. You can use a small parking on the ocean side to unload your luggage and a hand cart is also available. Our studio was fully equipped with a two burner cook top, large fridge and microwave oven. Coffee Maker, Toaster, flatwaree, cookware and silverware are all there for your convenience. WI-FI is available in every room. BBQ Grill, Cabana Rentals ($10.00) and Complimentary Beach Chairs are available on a first come first serve basis. Depending of the availability, the owners will give you the best room at time of arrival in the category you have paid for. We appreciated being on the second floor with an amazing view of the Ocean. All this at a very reasonable price. We really appreciated that the Hotel is located in a more quiet area of O.O.B. but you can walk to the Pier area (where all the action is, so to speak) very easily in about 20/30 minutes walking slowly. Just a little more than a mile (or 1.9 kilometer). The beach is flat and easy to walk on. For us it was a first time in O.O.B. (we've been to other places south of Old Orchard) but we have to admit that we discovered a beautiful area and the Ocean Walk made us appreciate it even more. We would return for sure when we are in the area and we will recommend the Hotel to friends and family. If you go on their website, the Studios and Suites' description, rates and amenities are accurate. You can't have a bad surprise. But make sure you email the Hotel for more infos. regarding room size and location if you are in doubt. They have studios and suites that can fit your needs and budget. Again thank you so much for a wonderful vacation. We will remember you people for a long time.
Cleve & Diane

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Glens Falls, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Queen bed in room was not what expected. It was a pull down from the wall. Once you had the bed down and wanted to use the futon, the person on the door side of the bed had to vault over everyone to use the kitchenette and/or bathroom. You could not watch TV while lying in bed unless you slept with your head at the foot of the bed. The facility was very clean and right on the beach. Would rent it again if it was for 2 people. Definitely not suitable for 4 adults.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Glens Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The family that owns this hotel couldn't be a nicer group. I started visiting the hotel when my kids were young and we always felt welcome and safe while experiencing a very nice hotel right on the beach at Old Orchard. A mile's walk from the Pier, half that to our favorite deli. Now, with the kids grown, my husband and I visit in the Fall each year, with our golden retriever (the hotel allows pets post-season). The Fall is less festive in town but a great, albeit different experience, with having the beach to ourselves and a much quieter time in front of the great Atlantic.

Room Tip: They are all good but I would say that the ones facing the beach must be the best, because of the vi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I was recommended by relatives to stay here. I know thy get bigger and better rooms but we took a small studio with the standard pull out Murphy bed. You know a pull out from a couch that after you sleep on you say," omg I just can't do that again!", well this was worse. I moved off the bed to the futon couch. I don know what was worse. it was like a gymnastic mat. very hard. I could feel pressure points on my back throbbing.
The cleanliness seemed good until I looked at the chair I was sitting in. I will include 2 pictures. One is of the chair with the sun hitting it just right to see how brown from dirt it was. The other photo is the front of the same chair with crusted food on it.
I did not complain because it's not like I could have gotten another room, it was sold out.
On the only positive note, wow old orchard beach was huge and beautiful. I think I may look for another location.

• Stayed September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We just finished our annual week at the Ocean Walk hotel, and every time it ends, I start counting the days to our next vacation. This was our tenth year in a row staying with our entire family in OOB. Family owned, they take such great pride in the hotel, they are caring and welcoming and it always feels like home. It's so family oriented, I feel safe with my two kids on the beach or walking between the family rooms. There's terrific amenities, from being right on the ocean, the indoor pool, beach chairs, kitchens, and pretty much anything you might need is a quick walk or drive away. Close enough to the pier and amusement park to be accessible, far enough away to avoid the huge crowds. Just 362 days until our next visit, and I can't wait.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a slightly better view, and I like being closer to the ocean. If you have small...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Ocean Walk Hotel? Share your experiences!