“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn

You added Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 West Grand Avenue, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064-2624 (Formerly Best Value Inn Mt. Royal Motel)   |
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed here over the 4th of July with my boyfriend. Our room was very clean, and the staff at the front desk was helpful and friendly. We loved the location of the hotel (directly across from the beach and walking distance to ALL restaurants and attractions). This was a great value for our money. We definitely would stay again - you can't beat being that close to the beach and saving $$ that you can then spend on lobster rolls and drinks!!!!! And they have parking included!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
oobmtroyal, Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. We strive to meet all of our guests expectations, and we welcome all comments on our performance. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Malden, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed here last year on Labor Day Weekend. First you walk in the room and it is dark, the carpets are all stained, and the place is just disgusting. We only stayed for one night. Yes it's across the street from the amusement park, so all you can here are the rides going, and also the train out back. When I woke in the morning, I went to take a shower and there was black hair all stuck to the shower wall, it's making me nauseous just typing it. Also, we were with another couple, and after leaving here one of my friends was sick with a lung infection for a week, he swears it was from the air conditioning in the room, which was old and I'm sure dirty, yuck. Never again, and I wouldn't even give it one star, but they don't let you leave the page without one. There was nothing good about it!

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
I am very sorry that you had an unpleasant stay with us, as you have indicated, last Labor Day weekend. 9 months have passed since then, and I do wish you had brought your concerns to us beforehand. Many improvements have been completed since then,and I do wish to discuss your experience with staying at the Mt Royal. We do strive to provide an enjoyable experience for all of our guests. Please call me at 207-934-2926 as I would like to discuss the particulars of your experience with us, and I do hope to provide you with the confidence to try our motel, and all of the Americas Best Value Inn's, again. Please call!
Palmer, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked our stay online,we were enticed by the "Ocean View", location to attractions,and
amenities. The website promised a discount of 15%, and possible room upgrade by joining a "ABVI" membership club. Upon arrival there were no parking spots available(supposed to have one for each room) the room upgrade was not available and the room was very small, it did not have a location anywhere to hang up garments (we used the curtain rods) the room was anything but clean ashes littered the floor tables and we even found a cig but on the flloor between the bed and night stand(gross) the drawers were filthy we had to clean them before putting any of our clothes in them.The ocean view was through the roller coaster.The promised WI-FI only existed if you were in the office or common area. Remote didnt work, no iron and ironing board in the room, requested one from the office it was old and dirty, no coffee to make in the mornings was left by house keeping(didnt matter the coffee pot was nasty)stains on the sheets and tons of hair on the blankets upon arrival.The manager seemed concerned however i dont believe much was under his control he did refund us a little more than one of the two nights stay however having the infomation is useless if nothing is done to remedy these type of issues.ANY other place OOB would be a better choice this place is on the way out. And whatever you do if you do select this place park your car for the entire time,you leave you loose your spot!!

Room Tip: Would not stay in ANY room here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I had been.warned that the hotel was "not much" but even my children were horrified when we walked into the room. Horrible: sagging mattresses, decor out of the 70's, everything in very poor condition. And let's not forget the train station next door. Anyone considering staying there should understand that it is not nice at all. The pool is also weirdly deep - from 4 to 8 feet which makes it inappropriate for small children.

So what is good about it? It's across the street from the beach and boardwalk and there are lots of restaurants nearby. So, if you're willing to sacrifice for location, it's ok. Perhaps my son summed up our stay best when he said, "it doesn't look like much, but I had fun anyway."

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
I am very sorry to hear of your unhappy experience at the Mt Royal. We are in the process of renovating some rooms with new carpet, furniture, painting, etc. I hope you will give us another chance in the future-please call 207-934-2926 and ask to speak with me-I am very interested in reviewing which room you stayed in on your most recent visit, and I would like to discuss all concerns that you have. Thank you for your comments!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Since i really depend on this website when booking a room, i figured i would share my experience with everyone.
I really wouldn't consider myself a picky person or someone who complains a lot, but this was bad. My sister, Cousin and I stay here for a night to enjoy a beach day. We arrived at 9am and were able to check in early. This was great.
When we first got the room, it didn't appear to be too bad. It definitely needed work, but the room would do for a night. We really weren't going to be spending much time there just to sleep. The location and price were great.
Then after a long day of going to the beach and hanging out on the Pier, we came home at 2am. While getting ready for bed, we discovered mice droppings all over the bed! We immediately freaked out and decided we were not staying in this room. So at 2am i had to drive home (2 hours away). The manager was gracious enough to refund me the money, which i appreciated. We stayed in room 18.
Mice are a common problem, but you should probably take care of the problem before you have guest stay there! Hopefully the problem will be taken care of.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
oobmtroyal, Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
I was distressed when the front desk alerted me to your experience, and I did refund your payment. We had never experienced an incident of this type before, and have since taken measures to avoid this type of occurrence in the future. I apologize, and I do hope you will try us again in the future. It is our goal to offer the best service , and to exceed expectations. Thank you!
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

OK, lets get the negative stuff out of the way quickly. The place is old and, frankly, somewhat dated, and the walls are thin. This ain't the Waldorf, and it isn't even on par with most Super 8s if you are concerned about new carpet, or modern digs. Forget all that. Now on to the good. The room was clean, and that is always important to me, the old carpet & furnishings didn't matter when up against all that is good about this place. Flat screen tv, wireless internet and good cold a/c are all good. Best of all is that it is literally right across the street from the Palace Playland where the kids want to be, and the beach, where everyone wants to be. Once you park your car, you don't have to move it again if you don't want to. Food is all around you, entertainment, beach .... there is no better location. You can pay alot more ... but why would you want to? Spend your money on having fun in Old Orchard Beach and eating lobster, save money on the hotel and be happy. By the way, join the ABVI club online before you book, and you save at least 15% right off the bat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience with staying at the Mt Royal. We do strive to provide all of our guests with the best experience possible! Thank you!
Haverhill, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Great room last weekend located in downtown area. Room standard but very clean LCD tv whirlpool tub. Trains station is next door which runs all day. One block to the pier. Had excellent weather and beach is across the street. Very clean soft sand. Excellent sub shop across the street. Try in July as town is just opening up. Motel has free muffins juice coffee in am. We paid 79 bucks.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. We do have many repeat guests who enjoy returning to the Mt Royal every summer! It is our goal to provide a clean, inviting, enjoyable stay. Thank you for letting us know how we are fulfilling our guest's expectations!

Been to Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn? Share your experiences!