“Not sure we will go here again...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Not sure we will go here again...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We choose this restaurant because we had time to waste on a rainy day waiting for the rest of our family. The waitstaff seemed to rush us and stare at us. It was kind if uncomfortable, especially since there was a handful of people around. It was expensive for the atmosphere (I'm hoping they were in process of remodeling because there was patches all over the wall). The food wasn't great. We had to ask the waitress a couple times for napkins, and my son was handed an empty ketchup bottle twice.

We probably won't go back- you can find better in OOB.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Winooski, Vermont
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We went as a group of 12 during our vacation to OOB. I ordered the Surf and Turf specialand I swear the beef stared out frozen. The seafood on the other hand was amazing. I also had the fried calamari, really very good. A bit to expensive, so I doubt we will return but overall to to terrible if you are willing to spend the cash.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leominster, Massachusetts, United States
“As BAD as it gets in Old Orchard Beach”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I'm only giving it a grade of "1" because "0" is not an option. There were so many things that were wrong, that it's hard to know where to begin. The décor makes it feel like you are eating in someone's poorly constructed cellar bar. It could be considered quirky if any of the rest of the experience was positive. Upon entering, the majority of the staff was grouped around an empty table, and seemed upset that we were there to make them actually do something. The waitress that took our order was not friendly or welcoming at all. The menu is actually limited as far as seafood goes for what bills itself as a seafood café. We ordered salmon, a single lobster dinner, fried whole clams, sirloin steak, and chicken fingers (from the children's menu). The clams were coated in a thick and soggy batter, and were undercooked. The lobster needed another 2 minutes of cooking time, as part of the tail was not cooked. The salmon was cooked enough, but had no taste at all. After all of the fat and gristle was trimmed from the steak, there may have been about 2 ounces of edible meat. The clear winner was the chicken fingers, although still not great, as close to something that looked and tasted appetizing as we received at this meal. As we ate, the staff remained huddled around their table watching us with disdain as we took our time to try to salvage something positive from this disaster of a dinner. Total bill came to $95.00....a complete waste of almost $100!! I know that OOB is seasonal and almost all restaurants are overpriced, but there are so many other choices that allow you to have a meal and not feel like you just threw a $100 bill into the ocean.....consider yourself warned!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing seafood - lobster is cheaper than chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Jumpin Jakes almost every day of our vacation. Our server, Ashley, is pretty much part of our family. She's attentive, kind and funny. The lobster and other seafood items are fresh from the restaurant or takeout. Atmosphere is really laid back, as expected in Maine. Great value and service. We will be back (probably today) thanks guys!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PA
“Bad restaurant experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

First let me start out by saying I ordered the shrimp scampi and when it came it was actually popcorn shrimp scampi. It was not stated on the menu that the shimp were smaller than my fork and at $17 a dish one would expect bigger shrimp not to mention how greasy it was and tasteless it was. Then the waitress asked us if we wanted more bread and we said yes to soak up all the oil of course and they had the nerve to charge us a dollar for the extra bread, With out letting us know ahead of time so i can make a decision ...then to boot the girl at the bar where we were sitting was Filling three glasses of water at the bar and Just when she said "I hate this fountain, it's taking too long to fill these p she hits one by mistake of course bumped the glass and spilled it all over me, My chair my clothes .. of course I took it well and they never even offered us a discount or anything to make it right.... the next day we went over to the other restaurant that the owner close to Old Orchard Beach, food was good but the server knocked down my brother in laws ice tea all over me AGAIN! anyway this review I sent to the owner of Jumpin Jacks... below you can read his response::Our menu is clear, Maine shrimp scamp. Maine shrimp are small. Maine people will know this. Also our menu is clear that we charge for extra bread..I would read the menu at the next restaurant you stop by at and lets hope it is not this one.... (I'm shocked that he did not apoligies, I will never go back there and I will make sure all my Mainer friend from OOB know about his ignorance)

• Visited July 2013