“Amazing seafood - lobster is cheaper than chicken!” 5 of 5 stars

2079373250
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
“Amazing seafood - lobster is cheaper than chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Jumpin Jakes almost every day of our vacation. Our server, Ashley, is pretty much part of our family. She's attentive, kind and funny. The lobster and other seafood items are fresh from the restaurant or takeout. Atmosphere is really laid back, as expected in Maine. Great value and service. We will be back (probably today) thanks guys!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
PA
“Bad restaurant experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

First let me start out by saying I ordered the shrimp scampi and when it came it was actually popcorn shrimp scampi. It was not stated on the menu that the shimp were smaller than my fork and at $17 a dish one would expect bigger shrimp not to mention how greasy it was and tasteless it was. Then the waitress asked us if we wanted more bread and we said yes to soak up all the oil of course and they had the nerve to charge us a dollar for the extra bread, With out letting us know ahead of time so i can make a decision ...then to boot the girl at the bar where we were sitting was Filling three glasses of water at the bar and Just when she said "I hate this fountain, it's taking too long to fill these p she hits one by mistake of course bumped the glass and spilled it all over me, My chair my clothes .. of course I took it well and they never even offered us a discount or anything to make it right.... the next day we went over to the other restaurant that the owner close to Old Orchard Beach, food was good but the server knocked down my brother in laws ice tea all over me AGAIN! anyway this review I sent to the owner of Jumpin Jacks... below you can read his response::Our menu is clear, Maine shrimp scamp. Maine shrimp are small. Maine people will know this. Also our menu is clear that we charge for extra bread..I would read the menu at the next restaurant you stop by at and lets hope it is not this one.... (I'm shocked that he did not apoligies, I will never go back there and I will make sure all my Mainer friend from OOB know about his ignorance)

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Did I even exist??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

So I walked in looked around ... Then finally someone yells .... Sit wherever you want... Waiter comes over.. Can I get you anything??? I thought to myself hmm I'm in restaurant ... I wonder what I'm here for... I'd tell you his name but I never was introduced... Ok and now the food... I ordered chicken wings... Not bad for frozen Sysco brand.. The burger ... Oh I never recived it.. And my wife's chick fingers and fries.... Fingers were alright ... The fries... Wow soggy and limp... FYI go across the street..

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I met five friends there for dinner and drinks. Although our order seemed to take a while to arrive, the meal was delicious. The fresh warm bread, house salad and fried clams were awesome! Great portions! Nice prices! And we hit happy hour so got drink discounts. Our server Jared did a great job taking care of our dining needs. Definitely will go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Worth the visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

It was very quiet the server was very attentive. We ordered the mussels with curry and homemade onion rings. Both were fantastic. The lobster roll was good I have had better. The baked fish was In a casserole dish very small portion.
The martini was very good.

Even though all was good. Not sure if I would return,

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere