“Great Location Also Clean --- but....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Brunswick

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
The Brunswick
You added The Brunswick to your Saves list
39 West Grand Ave., Old Orchard Beach, ME   |
Edmundston
“Great Location Also Clean --- but....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had booked 2 nights... Finally stayed just 1 Evening.
We were in #230. Very Clean! Very! But... for the price we pay
To stay at this Place, it's NOT worth it.
Great View on the Ocean - Good thing we had this, as this was a +.
Great Patio/Bar
But, when we come back to the room, there is no AC in room.
Room is Very Outdated! You'd think that they could have A/C & WIFI in 2012
in All Rooms!!!!
We needed to log on to PC for work purposes, and we could not log online!
(That is awful nowadays)... When we could not log on, we wanted to call at
front desk, but... there wasn't even a Phone in the Room!

I'm Sorry, but at 500$ for 2 nights, not worth it at all!
(Old Couch - Non comfy Chair)
Just a Double Size Bed.
Very Noisy Fridge. Coffee Maker in Room, but No Coffee to put in it!
No coffee at lobbie or anything either!
Plus staff was suppose to be in at 9am, but it was 10am, and still nobody at front office
the next morning when we definitely wanted to Leave!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
White River Junction, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Brunswick Hotel for one night 05/29 - 05/30. I have been to many of the hotels in Old Orchard Beach and I found this place to be the best "bang for the bucks". We were in Room 230 which had an excellent view of the ocean (big sliding glass window where a deck used to be), large nicely furnished living room with super clear 52" TV, separate kitchen with all appliances, a nice bedroom with another TV, and a nice bathroom - all the things you need for a beach place. I would suggest rooms on the third level or above if you would like to be a little bit away from the lively indoor/outdoor bar/tavern. I found the whole experience excellent from the hotel to the bar. It was neat to watch a thunderstorm out in the ocean through the large gliding glass door while we cuddled on the sofa. The hotel staff was very friendly as well as the desk clerk Sandy who we really enjoyed talking to and accommendating. I highly recommend this place as my wife and I are planning another trip there at the end of August.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Myself and fiance traveled to Old Orchard Beach last summer as a road trip with another couple. Had been to Maine before and it truly is beautiful. Old Orchard Beach is great, very lively and a lot of fun. The Brunswick on the other hand is a complete dire and utter train wreck.
Rooms are horribly dated, worn out and unclean. The noise levels are unbearable on any given day OR night. The hotel itself is very rundown and as it says on their website "boast the biggest patio" in Old Orchard Beach. The bar itself is great, but unless you intend to stay up drinking until 8am...don't think you'll get a wink of sleep at this hotel. Management have no concern for it's paying guests as clearly the patio drive a way more income to this establishment. The doors leading to the rooms "are locked" at 8 or 9pm by hotel staff (ya right) so that the drunks from the bar don't just wander into peoples rooms. We walked into some guy, passed out, inside the "locked" door, vomit ALL over him and the floor/wall.
Unfortunately, every other hotel in the area was booked as we went at a very busy time of year...believe me, we looked elsewhere, so our only option was to stay and bear it. Basically we made the best of it...but oh man it's bad.
Like I said, Old Orchard Beach is a LOT of fun, but there are MANY other places to stay than this place. I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.
Parking is always a nightmare here to.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The Brunswick? Share your experiences!