“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Orchard Beach Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
Old Orchard Beach Campground
You added Old Orchard Beach Campground to your Saves list
27 Ocean Park Road, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064   |
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a great experience at Old Orchard Beach Campground, I can't wait for next year. They have done so much work and added so many new features. My husband and I loved the Gazebo at night it was so quiet and romantic. We met Mike and thought he had the best sence of humor and chatted a while about more changes coming in the next 5 years. It's not the closest camp to the beach but they make up for it with the Trolly service. We did not have to drive the entire week we were there thanks to the trolly. I must of saved more than $50.00 in parking alone and the kids wanted to take trolly home LOL.You can bet we will be camping there for many years to come. I want to thank everyone there for a great experience and perhaps we will stop by before next year!!!

Susan G.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Johnston,RI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I are avid campers and we select a destination every year for a week of camping and fun. Upon our arrival we were disappointed that the pool was very close to the highway and arriving on the 7th of july it was very crowded at pool site , we immed took the kids to the pool being so hot out, 1 of the pools which was much closer to our campsite, we were not allowed to use ( for seasonals ONLY!). not a close walk to other pool by highway. pool was crowded with people left over from the 4th of july holiday and drinking,smoking,and people swearing. (even though there were many signs no smoking!
Thankfully the next day the campground cleared out and wasn't as crowded. Over all nice campground but not a lot of amenities, Arcade was a joke and so was the camp store. Staff seemed very friendly as well.
I am an Area Manager for a huge corporation dealing with customers and issues on a daily basis. what I encountered with the owner was appalling to say the least.
I went to wash my clothes , a small load as I did in the morning. When my clothes were done $2.50 mind you. My clothes were not spinned and still soaking wet.

So I went into the office and talked to girl at desk and as she was listening to my issue the owner walks up raising his voice that "THESE ARE NEW MACHINES AND YOU PUT TOO MUCH DETERGENT IN THE MACHINE, SO THATS YOUR PROBLEM"
So in turn I said I realize I may have put a little too much detergent in the machine and I just didn't realize it. The girl behind the counter tried to explain to him for me that it wasn't that they were soapy, they just didn't get spun out.
He yells to the poor girl behind the desk" THATS HER FAULT ,I TOLD YOU SHE PUT TOO MUCH DETERGENT IN THE MACHINE"
He then turns to me and tells me to take my clothes out of the washer and go to the sink and ring them out myself.
My point is that I spent over $500 to stay at this campround for 8 nights and he had the audacity to treat me in that manner, by no means was it the 2.50 cents for the wash, it was the arrogance and the attitude of this man.
A little advice to you MIke, its people like me that keep you in business and I know Many, many people who camp and they will all hear about the way you degraded me . so all I expected was you to say" Miss let me spin your clothes again and next time please be careful and not put too much detergent in machine." That's what a good business owner would have done, this was actually the 2nd time I encountered him in the office and I got the same arrogance when I asked him about local restaurants.
End of the story he DOES NOT care about his customers , he only cares about $$$$$. and there are many places to go to in old orchard beach, We will be going to Baileys next time around and so will all our friends.

I have never put in a review before, I was very upset about the way he spoke to me and there were many occasions during that week to make it right because he knew I was upset when I left.

Long story and I am sorry but I feel there are many other campgrounds my family can go to that actually appreciate my business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Yarmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here for a night, Had a great time. Very nice campground. very clean, Very up to date. Pool area is nice, big pool. Got to choose any tent site i wanted which is nice to have a choice. Only a few minutes from the beach, also have a shuttle service to the beach. Campground has Wifi which is nice to have. Very secure, very nice. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Forgot my visa at front desk , instead of returning it to me , some one was using it freely at 7 eleven,when I called them they said you probably lost it somewhere tell you what! The only place I used my visa during my visit is old orchard beach campground front desk

• Stayed July 2013
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Been a seasonal at OOB Campground for many years, chose this place originally due to friends also having a site here, was NOT chosen for its amenities. The owners and office management are quite rude and not at all friendly. The counter workers come and go and seem to be pretty good folks, it is the managers and owners that need serious people skills. The seasonal section is being revamped as of this writing and ALL seasonal occupants have been told they need to move out everything by the end of the season. No options for relocation to any other part of the property for storage over the fall/winter/spring while this work is being done, just get up and go.To me, not a very professional way to deal with loyal customers with many years of commitment to their campground. Many of us are elderly and don't have the physical ability to undertake this move nor the financial means to pay to have someone tear down and move everything and of course, the owners have never offered to help with this task, they say they can't spare the man power. Very unappreciative,unsupportive
and unprofessional folks. It is a shame Mike and Joan have never been friendly or customer oriented, but when brother John came in to clean things up due to Mike and Joan's inability to run the business the seasonal folks were hoping for better days. I guess this is the better days! Boot all the seasonals out and not look back.
The place may be fine for weekenders or weekly campers but this is not a place you want to live your summers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The best part of this campground is that it is less than 10 minutes away from the beach. The campsites are open without a lot of trees and the site we stayed at was right next to the dumping station and dumpsters so it smelled the whole time we were there. The pool was okay but there was a lot of sand in it from people that came back from the beach. The location is the best thing about the campground.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I have spent so very much of my quality time off from work at Old Orchard Beach Campground. It certainly is a 1st class facility with multiple swimming pools, extremely clean restroom facilities, and a very convenient store where you can get all of the things that you may have forgot to pack for your vacation! The location is the best with having the convenience to shopping, the beach, restaurants, golf, and all that the area has to offer! The owners John and Mike Daigle, are the kindest and most considerate owners in the industry in my opinion. I highly recommend Old Orchard Beach Campground to all of my family and friends. Sincerely, Mark Galos

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Old Orchard Beach Campground? Share your experiences!