“YUMMY!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Old Orchard Beach, Maine, United States
“YUMMY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants!!! I live in OOB and frequent this joint with my family; it's on rotation in the 3 restaurants we regularly eat at. I love that the restaurant and the 'party area'/bar are separate and that after eating you can walk into the bar scene for a fun night out. Who doesn't like getting drunk and watching other drunkards ride a mechanical bull? Every time I have been to JTG, the food gets better and better! I like everything from the squash ravioli to the pizza to the steak and cheese to the burger. It's all good. The employees are also great, except the host often has an attitude. Overall one of my favorite places. Can't say a big thing about this place. Highly recommend for people visiting the area. There's also a location by the Maine Mall, and both locations offer a FANTASTIC buffet for cheap.

Visited September 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Two cracking nights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have gone to Jimmy the Greek in OOB for the past five years, normally when on holiday visiting family.
Our group of three went a few days before Christmas 2012 and again on 30.12.12, on both occasions the restaurant was not too busy, we were seated quickly in a booth and on the first visit served by Jess, a more charming & friendly lady you would be pushed to better, no rush but attentive and knowledgeable with the food & drink menu. We shared a large portion of wings & each had a lovely salad. 10/10.

The second visit I believe the server was Kelsy, I thought I knew my beers but she was able to describe the seasonal beers on tap better than any waitress over here in the UK. Stuck to the seasonal offerings that were lovely.

The food, wings again, they are great here & arrived V hot we went for three different finishes a Blueberry, BBQ & Buffalo. Not keen on the sweetness of Bluberry but the others were great finished off with a large pizza to share.
An excelent two visits & will be back there again on our next visit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New England
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Basically, this is a casual pub that serves pub food, has TV’s strategically placed and has a massive beer selection. Our party of 6 arrived at 5:30 for dinner. The restaurant was crowded, but not yet packed but we had about a 10 minute wait to be seated.
Our server was personable and knowledgeable. She was quick delivering beverages, salads, rolls.
Entrees took a looong time. Presumably there was an issue in the kitchen.

I expected to order the Corona Battered Fish & Chip basket ($12.99), but did not when the waitress honestly answered my question about the freshness of the fish. It was frozen! $12.99 is steep for frozen fish. I chose the Shrimp Athinas, While tasty, the shrimp was not fresh, and the linguine was over-cooked. Disappointing.
I tasted the Poseiden’s Pasta. Similar to my dish, the seafood was not fresh and the linguine was over-cooked.
The burger was cooked tasty, but came out well-done instead of medium and the fries came out cold.

My sense is, Jimmy the Greeks is a good place to go for a casual dining & burgers, sandwiches and beer may be the better way to go.

Note to Jimmy the Greeks: I would expect at a minimum fresh Haddock or Cod in the range of $12.99 to 14.99. If frozen, then $9.99 !

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I will say that it was the Jimmy The Greek's over by the Maine Mall. The service was all right, nothing fabulous, but the food was horrendous. There were four of us there for lunch: Two people ordered hot sandwiches, neither of which were hot inside. They didn't even look appetizing. I had the fish and chips, which was all right, but it was old grease and the flavor on the fish was not good. Definitely won't go again, and I'm not at all in favor of visiting the one in Old Orchard Beach based on this experience.

Visited December 2012
Shapleigh, Maine
“Whole wheat Pizza is very good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Jimmy the Greek's has great selection of beers on draught and bottles to go with your Pizza. We had a Wheat crust pizza with Chicken (somewhat sparse) bacon and caramelized onions that was very tasty in a white sauce, We had asked them to cook it light since it is a brick oven and they tend to burn the crust, but they did an excellent job and it was perfect. The side salad was very generous and good flavor and lots of cheese. The steak tips were cooked correctly but the sweet sauce was gooey and had no flavor, would not recommend them and the side pasta was so over cooked you would not want to eat limp pasta with a bland red sauce. Overall I would say stick to pizza and beer that was great. Service was very good and on the ball.

• Visited November 2012