“Worth the trip from NH” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
wilton, nh
“Worth the trip from NH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

The Landmark Restaurant is in a beautiful victorian house with many wonderful features. When we walked in, we were greeted by a pleasant young lady. She immediately led us to a table. Fabulous artwork painted by the owner adorned the walls. The waiter came quickly and brought us drinks. I ordered seafood stew and It was the finest I have ever tasted. Next, I had the boiled lobster dinner and it was also delicious. Unfortunately, I was so full that I was unable to have dessert. We had only one problem. I noticed a crack in the water glass but when I brought it to the waiter's attention, he apologized and brought me a new one.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“The food was amazing and the service was...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010 via mobile

The food was amazing and the service was awesome, they have some of the best fried clams in oob !!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Biddeford, Maine
“not worth the steep price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Went to the Landmark restaurant and ate indoors (there are two different menus depending on indoors or out). Sat at least 4 minutes before server came, never said hello or introduced himself. We ordered our dinner and drinks, drinks came and then food was delivered from someone other than our server which ordinarily is not a problem except, we never saw him again! I had Medditeranean Pasts, very oily, artichoke used was very tough and could not be eaten, dish was $20 with chicken, my boyfriend had the shrimp pasta for $22 and only had 4 shrimp. Food served without shredded parm, had to go find someone to get some, no one stopped at our table despite efforts to draw attention. Sat for a long time, needed more drinks, waiter never came back. Finally went and found server to get box and check. Received check and it had extra drinks on it, the hostess thought is was acceptable to mearly take cost of drinks off and not adjust the tax on bill. Finally got that resolved but server never came back to table to take check. After waiting we finally gave up and went to find someone else who could run the card. Very disappointing experience and we are locals who eat out a lot and had gone there on a recommendation. Our bill was $67. for two pasta dishes and two beers!! Way too much, floor was sticky, my shoes stuck under our table!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Providence, Rhode Island
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

We visit Old Orchard Beach every May for a retreat, and we decided to have a nice meal out on this trip. The Landmark did not disappoint. Very accommodating service, delicious bread and salad, and the best mussels I've ever eaten. Will definitely return next year.

nh
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

Excellent service and seafood. Rick is an excellent chef

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere