“Food average, Service terrible” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Hudson, Massachusetts
“Food average, Service terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

An experience to walk in, greeted by young perky staff...opposite for table service. Don't get me wrong, more senior age staff can be awesome, but at least smile. We had to ask what the specials for the evening were and then no recommendations. Unfortunately, our whole meal out was ruined by our Server; asking for anything, napkins, water, another beverage. We rec'd dirty dishes for our bread and several questionable looks from our server. When our 9 year old spilled water, we asked for napkins or cloth to clean up, several minutes later, another
"bus boy" staff offered us napkins and we cleaned it ourselves. The Server used the same hand to take away dirty items as fresh food, just not a pleasant person. Now, tipping; I have reservations about standard 20%...if service is good, we do like to reward, but when service is terrible, lacking or not pleasant, I don't feel that amount is warranted. I take into consideration how busy the restaurant is and basic courteousy. We did leave a tip (paying by credit card) and the Server hovered over us until she had that receipt in hand and then gave another nasty look; finally commenting "was there a problem?" I had full intentions of contacting manager next day, but really just decided to not waste anymore time! If I hadn't rec'd a request to review on Trip Advisor, I probably would have continued to just mutter to anyone mentioning this restaurant, to go elsewhere.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Barre, Vermont
“Great service - meal was lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were seated immediately and our waitress, Lisa let us know she would be with us shortly. Lisa was on top of our service the entire time. Professional, efficient anf friendly. She brought our drinks and we orderred. I had the lobster pie and my husband had the fishermans platter. Pieces of the lobster were so overcooked they were crispy and hard, other pieces were chewy and tasteless. My husband was unhappy that his platter was actually a casserole dish with all the components mixed together. Lisa provided us with great service. Would probably return - but more likely for breakfast.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
st Petersburg, United States
“Wonderfull Prime Rib”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

One of the best Prime Ribs you will get anywhere. Whilst not a fine dining restaurant the food is very good. I have eaten at the Captains Galley many times and experienced a lot of items from their menu but it is the great Prime Rib that brings me back time and time again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Great place to eat while in OOB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were a group of 6 that went to Captain's Galley for dinner on a weekday without reservations. It was busy but nonetheless we were seated in less than 10 minutes. We all ordered appetizers with our dinner. The service was fast, friendly and efficient. The food was great and plentiful. I will definately return when in OOB!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great breakfast with so so service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We were seated right away, but were served our breakfast of delicious blueberry pancakes/eggs/muffins about an hour later. It took 20 minutes to get napkins and a fork. I got up to find them, but couldn't. The servers are nice, but slow. Atmosphere is cute with games on the tables for kids to play. Food was fresh and delicious. A bit pricey.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere