My wife and I stayed at Anchorage by the sea Memorial Day weekend. We paid $230/night including taxes. We checked in at 4:30pm Friday night. Front desk employee was very professional, friendly and helpful in describing the layout of the facility. We tried to get a king bed in the Towers but we booked it on Wednesday before the weekend and all that was available in king bed was the studio with fireplace. If you check out their website they have a very accurate schematic of the rooms they offer. The room was one of biggest we have ever stayed in. Flat screen HDTV, gas fireplace. 2 different sitting areas, one near picture window looking into parking lot another in front of the TV which is hung over the fireplace. There was an in room safe and a dry bar as well as an apartment sized refrigerator. While the furniture was older it was in good shape. Room was very clean. Bed was comfortable. Only complaint was as big as the room was approx (20 x 20) the bathroom was incredibly small and the pillows were terrible. Vanity sink outside of bathroom and the toilet and shower/tub in another room/closet that must have been 8x5. Wish they could have taken away some of the living area room and made the bathroom a little bigger. Very clean although towels were pretty flimsy. They claim to have wireless internet in rooms but our room had no service. Room had safe that was free to use. It was not operating when we arrived. Called the front desk and after 20 minutes of trying to fix it the staff member replaced it with a new one. Excellent service.
They have and indoor and outdoor pool. There is a towel desk outside by the outdoor pool. They also ask you to where a wrist band when in the pool and lawn area to make sure you are a hotel guest. Some guest wore them some didn't. If you didn't you would be subject to being asked your name/room number by a hotel employee at some point during the day. Both pools small but even though hotel was over 90% full didn’t feel to crowded. Both are listed as heated but outdoor pool didn’t feel like it. Both pools are right next to each other. Off the indoor pool there is a sauna (co-ed) and rest rooms as well as a Jacuzzi. Out by the outdoor pool there are 2 large Jacuzzi’s and the restaurant/bar Surf Pointe. During the weekend they had waitress service out by the pool area. Plenty of lounge chairs available although I didn’t see any umbrellas. The entire pool and lawn area is gated if you have kids you need to contain. Outside the gated area there is another huge lawn area that overlooks the Atlantic and Ogunquit Beach. The property is 75-100 feet above the sea and there is no beach to walk down to. Must take Beach street to the beach. This hotel is at the beginning (or end depending on how you look at it) of Marginal way. This is a walking path along the cliffs that goes all the way to perkins cove where there are shops and 3 restaurants. About a 1 mile walk. Hotel had free coffee every day. Perfect location to walk into town where there are numerous shops and restaurants to choose from.
Beach is about a 1-1 ¼ mile walk. Parking is $15/day. Small lot for the size of the beach and it did get full while we were there. There was a ice cream/hot dog stand and a sundry shop with various beach wear and beach supplies. (No ice though). Where the parking lot is the beach gets very,very small at high tide. You can tell by color of sand how high up the tide comes. The further down the beach you go the bigger the safe area is. Very nice beach barely any rocks.
Area is very quiet and relaxing with just enough night life to be entertained for 3-4 nights. I would highly recommend Anchorage by the Sea and will stay there again the next time we head up that way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine