This was our third trip to Ogunquit, which is such a beautiful place that I imagine it is what heaven must be like. I would not stay anywhere other than the Anchorage by the Sea. With its location directly on the Marginal Way and breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, I could not ask for a better location. There are many ocean view rooms, but we choose to stay across the street in the Lightship building, which we find to be very quiet and peaceful. The rooms in the Lightship are a bit larger than normal, and definitely larger than the property across from the ocean, where we stayed on our first visit. Grounds are beautifully maintained, with an abundance of flowers to add color. Free coffee and tea are available in the lobby at all times, which I really appreciated especially after taking a walk on the Marginal Way in the evening and stopping by for a cup of tea to take back to my room for the night. Housekeeping did a top-notch job of cleaning the room, which was done every day in a timely manner.
The best part of staying at the Anchorage is its close proximity to the Marginal Way. The Marginal Way is a paved walkway alongside and above the Atlantic Ocean, one mile long, which ends in Perkins Cove, a quaint little village with shops and restaurants. Walking the Marginal Way is a peaceful, almost spiritual experience for me, with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. It is what brings me to Ogunquit. By staying at the Anchorage, all I need do is walk through the little black gate at the end of the grass and I am right there, to walk as long or as little as I wish. Benches along the way provide places to rest and meditate. Another nice feature of the Anchorage is the outdoor heated pool, which is open until Columbus Day. Not all of the resorts in Ogunquit have a pool.
I would only consider staying at the Anchorage by the Sea when returning to Ogunquit. Everything you could possibly want is right there. Keep up the good work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine