“Horrible-not worth it” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cliff House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 81 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between York & Ogunquit
Transit: Seasonal please call the resorts' front desk at #207.361.1000
Description: The Cliff House offers fine and casual, ocean-view dining with menus based on Maine-raised and locally grown products. Fine dining is available in the Main Dining Room serving breakfast and dinner daily. Open Table reservations are available for the Main Dining Room. Business casual attire is expected for the dinner hours. Reservations recommended for dinner. Casual dining is available in Ocean Terrace featuring a light fare menu, cocktails and desserts for lunch and dinner daily. Although reservations are not accepted for the Ocean Terrace we do love to hear in advance if you will be more a party of more than five guests as special accommodations will be provided.
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Horrible-not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had been to the cliff house many times in my childhood and just went back with my family for a special occasion. We stayed in the old part of the hotel and our experience was horrible. Dirty, outdated, musty, and infestation problems due to the moisture. The staff was aware of the issue and filled the room anyway. Terrible experience, horrible customer service. Stay somewhere else

Visited August 2012

York Beach, Maine
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We went for an upscale dinner and found the prices were but the food wasn't. Our appetizer was brie in a bread bowl which was good but luckily my wife and I shared it, otherwise it would have been enough for a meal. Her halibut was dry and my boullibase was well, at the Cape Neddick Lobster Pound you would have also received a 1/2 lobster for the same price or even less. The view from the dining room was fine but...... It was a $$ meal for $$$.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
nyc
“Unparalleled views, but needs some updates...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Oh my!
I have loved the CH, my family has been staying and dining there for over two decades! So this is a tough love review.....

This is a third summer in a row for my family with disappointments. We stayed in two rooms in Cliffscape this past August and the direct ocean views are outstanding, really I mean outstanding!!-- to view the ocean in clear skies, then stormy weather, the moon trying to come put out after heavy rain with dark clouds playing peek a boo- the water crashing on the rocks--worth so very much, so special....

-----except when it rained and the patio pooled with water for a full day after, except for the pair of pliers we were left with to turn on and off a bedside light for four days, except for truly poor breakfast service in the dining room, except for the desperate need to update towels, curtains, bedspreads ( the shower curtain is the exact same pattern and material as the curtain in the bedroom- huh?!), except for getting three large towels every day instead of four, no wake- up call when asked for, heavily chipped wood furniture and doors, no doors on the closet, pool with too few umbrellas and those taken by folks who "reserve" early and never use despite the CH policy of enforcing a one hour "save your chair" policy etc..

Bottom line: Maintenance sorely in need of an upgrade, management needs to figure out how best to accommodate its guests at the main, infiniti pool.

But most of the staff are gracious and kind, especially the spa staff, and the spa itself---massage services and the spa facility are terrific, I would say four- star (get a massage from Carleen!), and I have used spa services all over the world!

Oh CH, a need to update for the prices you charge!

Will we go back next August? Not sure, because I love CH, its totally awesome views..but now upgrades are becoming essential to off- set the price. :(

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Albany, TX
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We loved the location, the view, the scenery getting to the hotel. Staff friendly and helpful. The rooms are standard, but you're not in the room much.

Visited July 2012
Lincoln, New Hampshire
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

This was my sixth time at the Cliff House with several girlfriends. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the staff is! Everyone in the spa was friendly and professional. The dining room staff was friendly and accommodating. The views are fabulous here! My friends and I will come back every year for a fabulous girls week of fun, sun and spa treatments!