“Fantastic food and stellar service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 81 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Description: Lapizzeria is centrally located in the heart of downtown Ogunquit located across the street from the Harbour Candy Store.We offer indoor and outdoor seating for our guests and on chilly nights on the patio we offer heaters.Looking forward to seeing you when you visit Lapizzeria!!!
Amherst, Massachusetts, United States
“Fantastic food and stellar service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My family's visit to La Pizzeria was one of the best memories of dining out. We ordered several pizzas and their special, the lobster scampi. Our food was quick to come out, and was absolutely delicious. La Pizzeria's pizza has a flawless crust, a bright and flavorful sauce, and very fresh-tasting toppings (nothing like the vacuum-packed junk you might find on your national-brand pizzas). The scampi was full of giant chunks of fresh lobster meat in a surprisingly light butter sauce, with lemon and herb undertones.

I cannot post this review without praising our waitress, Ashlie. In a world where many waitresses are as cold and lifeless as the silverware you eat with, Ashlie was bright, bubbly, and greeted our party with a genuine smile that made us feel welcomed and relaxed right from the get go. She was quick, polite, and talked and laughed openly with our table throughout our stay. Perhaps most notably, our party was late arriving for dinner and stayed well over 30 minutes past the restaurant's closing time. Nevertheless, Ashlie still took care of us with a consistent energy and enthusiasm that made us feel even more welcome, even as the minutes past close crept by. We never once felt as though we were being rushed, or imposing on her time, or that she was tired after a long shift and just wanted us to get out so she could go home. For our entire 90 minute stay Ashlie treated us not just as though we were valued customers, but as though we were family.

Thank you Ashlie! We'll definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Great food. Hot staff. Can I take them all to go please?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Sometimes, with food, you want an over the top experience that will break the bank and make memories forever. Sometimes, you happen upon it and end up with a smile on your face, a full belly and money still left in your pocket. La pizzeria is the latter.
Been going to ogt for years but never made it up the stairs too la pizzeria. Thought it wasn't ogunquit enough. Boy was I wrong! It is exactly was ogunquit needs more of.
I started my experience with the gorgeous and über friendly Angela. She has a smile that could make you forget that your mother is in an iron lung. Had a little bit of a wait but standing near Angela and her feathered up self made up for it. Big time. Got to meet the owner, gennaro? Um, yes please. Ill have that with my pizza. That alone will make me return. Dreamy.
Was seated with a perfect view for people watching( a must do in ogt) and the lovely Ashlie was our server. I asked her what she gets. Not what is most popular or the most expensive. I want to know what YOU eat. She immediately said the homemade meatballs and then the lobster pizza. I said fine. If she loves it I am sure I could choke it down.
She was not blowin smoke... They were great. Really great.
I love that that I can get great service, fabulous staff, a hot owner and really good food in a potentially tourist trap of a town.
Thank you for the surprise of the summer la pizzeria! Wow.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Cohoes, New York
“Always a good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is one of our favorite places to eat when we are on vacation in Ogunquit. We discovered this restaurant about 5 years ago and it has been on our "must go to" list every time we are in town. The pizza and antipasto are delicious. The pizza has a thin, crisp crust and the salad has the just perfect seasoning. Many times there is a wait to get a table but it is well worth the wait! Tonight we were lucky enough to be seated right away at a table on the porch. Thanks to our great server, Ashlie and friendly hostess, Angela!

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Great pizza and quick delivery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Delicious and hot pizza. Will definitely order from this place the next time we're in Ogunquit. Ingredients were fresh and delivery was quick. Awesome crust and tasty sauce.

• Visited June 2013
“Speechless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

The best pizzeria dinning experience I have ever had. Very friendly staff . Angela was a wonderful host that knew exactly what she was doing and have us accurate information.
Ashley was our server and had a great attitude and beautiful smile.
We will be back