Full disclosure. I am reviewing this on my previous years stays. I have stayed at CVR every year for the past 15+ years. From what I understand, they have made some changes this year, and I will update my review if need be.
Great location, it is a 15 minute walk from the center of town, and probably a 30-40 minute walk to the main beach.
The rooms are clean and the grounds are well kept.
They have some BBQ grills near the pool for guest use as well.
They also are right on the tidal river, which you can walk across during low tide to get to the beach. This area of the beach remains less crowded than the main beach.
During High tide you can use thier boats for free.
There is also plenty of parking on site.
Thier outdoor pool is great, and the hotub is nice but I don't go in it (i'll explain more in the drawbacks).
The indoor pool is great for if you get stuck with a rainy day.
The staff is extremely friendly and accomodating.
The continental breakfast is a bit lacking (Congdons donuts, some cereal, milk, juice and coffee), and unless you get there very early, you may not get anything.
The outdoor hottub. It would be great to go in it, but during the day the families use it as a kiddie pool. It is filled with kids thoughout the day, many still in diapers. While I have never seen it, I know some of these kids are probably soiling themselves in there. Yes the water is filtered and chlorinated, but I still won't go in it. Personally, I think children who are not potty trained should not be allowed in there.
All in all, this is a nice place to stay and I will continue to return year after year. If they can keep the kids in diapers out of the hottub this year, I will bump up the review another point. :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 70 Unit Resort Motel with Basic Motel Rooms, Motel Efficiencies, 1 & 2 Bedroom Suites, Weekly Rental Apartments, and Riverside Cottages. Large Outdoor Pool, Outdoor Jacuzzi, Indoor Pool and Jacuzzi, Tennis Court, Game Room, Tidal River Access, 8 Rowboats for Guest Use During High Tide, Wireless Internet Access in Lobby, Free Continental Breakfast, 15 Minute Walk to Town or Beach, On Trolley Route! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Colonial Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Village Hotel Ogunquit
- Colonial Village Motel
- Colonial Village Resort Ogunquit, Maine