Lucky us! After my husband's passport failed to show up in time for our planned trip to Montreal, we scrambled at the last minute to find a new place to go and ended up at the Pink Blossoms in Ogunquit.
We stayed in one of the two-bedrooms suites. There are two kinds - one with two completely private rooms that is small with no deck or patio, or the one we stayed in which is a bit bigger and three levels, but the bedroom on the top does not have an actual door.
So, you walk in to the living room which has a sofa bed, TV/VCR, and table with four chairs. Further back is the kitchenette which has a hotplate and all the necessary dining accoutrement (plates, dishes, pots, pans, wine opener, dish towels, etc). The bathroom has towels but not complimentary items except a single bar of soap, so keep that in mind--bring all your usual shower and bathroom sundries.
Directly above the living room is the door-less room, which has a king-size bed, TV, and private deck. Below the living room is a very large room with two queen-size beds and a TV.
I am describing the room in such detail because the website is oddly lacking in pictures. The decorations are cute albeit a bit too cutesy on the "blossoms" theme. Still, the beds and couch were very comfortable, the shower ran hot and strong so that was fine. The only thing is that the walls are very thin and I could hear our neighbors having a very late party. But in terms of the other couple we were traveling with the two levels between our bedrooms meant we felt comfortably private when retiring for the evening.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. When I called to book they gave me a detailed description of the two kinds of two-bedroom suites so I would feel comfortable with my choice. I greatly appreciated their patience and thoroughness.
The hotel is located perfectly in Ogunquit. It's about a ten minute walk each way to Perkin's Cove and to the downtown area. Very, very easy to get to the beach, the Marginal Way, and all the restaurants and shops.
I would absolutely recommend staying here. The price is incredibly affordable and you get a comfortable room at a place with friendly staff that's located perfectly in the middle of everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in comfort on Shore Road - within easy strolling distance of Ogunquit Beach, the Marginal Way, and the picture perfect harbor of Perkins Cove. Stay in one of our beautifully appointed, contemporary rooms. All 30 units feature individual climate control, Cable TV, phones, dining tables, and fully equipped kitchenettes. Tennis, outdoor pool, hot tub, basketball, shuffle board, in-room high-speed internet, golf nearby. All rooms non-smoking. Family owned and operated for over 20 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Pink Blossoms Resort (Family Suites) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pink Blossoms Resort (Family Suites) Hotel Ogunquit
- Pink Blossoms Hotel Family
- Pink Blossoms Resort (Family Suites) Ogunquit, Maine