“Good time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yellow Monkey Guest Houses & Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Yellow Monkey Guest Houses & Motel
You added Yellow Monkey Guest Houses & Motel to your Saves list
280 Main St, Ogunquit, ME 03907   |
Ranked #25 of 29 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
boston
“Good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

My friends and I recently stayed at the Yellow Monkey for along weekend. there were 8 of us in one of their large cottages. A beautiful working fireplace, views of the ocean and a short walk to town. All the beds were comfortable with nice bedding and towels.

Would definitely stay here again but is fully booked for the summer (cottage is booked)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
STOCKBRIDGE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

My husband John and I have stayed here many many many times. We love it and go about 3 times a year. Apartment 17 is cute and cozy and charmingly seaside tacky. Peter and Victor are always so warm, welcoming and friendly to all-gay or straight. They are trusting and leave you alone unless you need them. Our FAVORITE is the River House. The history of the house is wonderful and it is one of the last few real old time cottages still affordable. I'm perplexed that many have stated this is not a place for a girlfriends weekend. Myself and my girlfriends absolutly love it!!!!! It's close to everything and you can see and smell the beach. It is affordable and you can cook your own fabulous meals if you want to as there are little kitchens and grills provided for you. I say keep it up Vic and Peter. John and I will be there for many years to come and live in fear of you selling. ALL THE BEST.

• Liked — pRIVACY
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Yellow Monkey. It is walking distance to "downtown" Ogunquit. My only complaint is the cleanliness of the bathroom. The toliet hadn't been cleaned from the previous guests. Needless to say, the previous guest must of had an upset stomach. The filthy toliet made me a bit cautious about the bedding. Were the sheets washed? Was the comforter "soiled"? Otherwise, all was ok.

• Stayed August 2008
Mass
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

We walked in off the street with no reservations on this past Saturday. We were shown the "Penthouse Suite" where we had the option of taking 1 side or the other, OR both sides for a minimal charge. We took both in order to maintain a private bath. 2 decks, 2 rooms AND a private bath? What's not to love! True, it wasn't the "Ritz", but who cares? It was clean, roomy and the gentleman that showed us the room couldn't have been nicer! I won't hesitate to go back, and hopefully get the PH again!

• Liked — The proximity to downtown, restaurants and night clubs
  • Disliked — Nothing that comes to mind
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

After many years as a guest it is apparent that these wonderful guys that own and operate the place need to "let it go". It is better to let it be managed by someone "in the family" and Peter and Victor just collect your percentage while you enjoy what you earned...RETIREMENT.... I hate to admit the following...I have just spent my last penny at what used to be fun, GAY and CLEAN....but alas, all good things come to an end. I love you guys but, really, let it go to someone who can manage the estate.
Hugs and Kisses !! ADIEU!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Zero
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

Its been several years since my partner and I stayed here but we still laugh about it and regularly use "yellow monkey" as code for all things tacky and bad. The bad reviews here resonate and were very much to our experience, dirty, tired, with owners that seemed very inconvenienced by their guests. Most salient memory was breakfast the morning after our only nights stay - dry toast served in the kitchen with a pot of burnt coffee. That was it. Nary a plates or napkins available for the toast nor a hint of butter or jam. Oh, we were offered a paper towel though. We departed, ate elsewhere, and regularly warn anyone who will listen: beware the yellow monkey.

• Stayed August 2004, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

I've geen going to ogunquit for a few years now and always enjoyed the fact that despite the rooms being decorated with eclectic antique furniture the rooms and grounds are always spotless. It's always a great place to meet friends - new and old - and enjoy the warmth of the environment. The owners are always very cordial and attentioned toward the customers. They do cater very nicely to the gay clientele and even a few straights couples. I'm from Montreal and I met there a straight couple that have been going there for a number of years and really enjoy themselves. I was there with a friend and our room was spacious - friends refered to it as a palace - very comfortable bed and very well lit. It is very affordable also. The bed was always made and the bathroom very well cleaned. As someone said, a five star it ain't but on vacation it's so very nice to have a change of athmosphere and the quaint old furniture and atmosphere does a lot for it on top of the facilities being in the center of everything interresting, close to the beach etc... Really can't wait to go back. There's always that feeling of coming back home.

• Liked — The friendly staff and the clean room. I could see good friends
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Yellow Monkey Guest Houses & Motel? Share your experiences!