“Fair Rating” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Ogunquit
Montreal
“Fair Rating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We (my gf and I) stayed 3 nights, labour day week end. Friday through Monday. We Booked near last minute about 4-5 days in advance. We had a luxury one bedroom which was right on the highway and was told so when booking by phone. No problem, Very very nice room, however upstairs was family with a small child who do like chldren do and spent the morning bouncing off the floor, if a couple I strongly suggest booking upper floor due to no insulation between floors.
Staff were very nice and helpful, yes breakfast is a continental type as advetised so if you expect a full sit down breakfast go out, no issue there as others have complained. No clue why people complain about it when that is what they say you get!
I paid $927.69 for 3 nights this was the "best" rate when I called, how ever the next day when searching the internet they had a $700.00 rate for three nighs for the same rooms yet I was not able to get this rate at the desk, that was disappointing to me, and feel not very fair, I asked at time of booking if I had the "best " rate and told yes. I feel that if rooms were avalable at the internt price at time of booking I should have been permited to have one a that price.
This is a clean motel, very polite and nice staff, very clean room, no complaints except we found the price very high considering the advertised labour day weekend special. That we found the next day on their site.
For that reason |I woul not come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. We believe our Luxury Suites to be some of the nicest (and affordable) suites available in the area. However, I'd like to respectfully correct you on our advertised special. The only special that ran for Labor Day weekend was for our Superior Rooms ($399 for 3 nights). We were not running any $700 specials. We only have 4 Luxury Suites so any special pricing for them is very limited - usually only during our Sweet Summer Savings Week, which is Sunday-Thursday prior to Labor Day Weekend. I would be happy to email you copies of our advertised specials running that time if you call or email in order to clarify this for you as we'd certainly like for you to enjoy staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Coastal Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

After searching last minute for a place to stay during a peak weekend in August I was concerned about the quality of the motel since most places were sold out already. I referred to Tripadvisor and most people gave it a decent rating so we booked a room for both Friday and Saturday night. We were pleasantly surprised by this motel and wouldn't hesitate to return again. Although it lacks some of the amenities of a hotel (restaurant/lounge, spa, etc.) it served the purpose for our trip to the area. Our room had two double beds and a twin bed and was very clean. The bedding was dated - with a true "motel" decor, but the beds themselves were comfortable and we had adequate bedding. Althought the motel is situated close to the road it was extremely quiet (although we did run the A/C, which tends to drown out sound) so noise was never an issue. The location was great - just a short five minute ride to downtown and there were plenty of restaurants nearby. It is also located right next to a trolley stop if you don't want to drive into town.

We loved, loved, loved the pool. It is HUGE as is the hot tub, and very clean. Even though we were there during the hottest part of the year (it was in the 90's both days we were there) and the busiest part of their season the pool was never crowded and there were ample lounge chairs for relaxing while the kids swam. The front desk staff were very helpful with regard to information on the beaches and good family dining. The only drawbacks are that they don't provide towels in the pool area and they don't have a sundries shop for basic needs - like snacks, toiletries, etc.

Breakfast wasn't fantastic - just the basics (oatmeal, cereal, bagels, toast and a few pastries) but if filled the void and the space was never overcrowded. All-in-all I would definitely return.

Room Tip: There is a pizza/sub shop next door (just a few steps from the pool area) and also a laundromat (alb...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your review cbrMaine! I'm so glad you and the children enjoyed our wonderful pool during your stay. Please make note for your next visit that we actually do have towels available for the pool. They're recycled bath towels that we keep on hand in the office for our guests that haven't brought their own beach towel.

I read so much about our continental breakfast and I wish we had the facilities to offer a full breakfast for our guests. It is intended to be a light continental breakfast and I'm always trying new items to see what's liked. This year I added yogurt with granola as a healthy alternative to our muffins, danish and donut selections. Whole wheat toast and apples are also available.

Thank you again for your review, and hopefully we'll see you soon.
Amsterdam, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I spent a week here. We enjoyed it very much. The rooms were clean and the pool and hot tub are really great. It's about a half-mile walk to Footbridge Beach which is very nice. The motel is located about a mile from town. The trolley stops right near the motel. We would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Glad that you and your husband had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This Motel covers all the basics really well for the price point in Ogunquit. We have come back to this hotel 3 times, and continue to be satisfied with a clean modern, quiet room, with pool, jacuzzi and European breakfast. There is a variety of room types - great for families, or honeymooners.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for always coming back to us Allan! We look forward to your next visit.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Thank you for a nice mid-week stay. We were impressed with the size of the room - it is rare to find a non-suite room that has 2 queens and a twin bed. We were 3 adults and 1 toddler, so this worked well! The bathroom was rather small, but the room as a whole was very clean and very quiet! We were on the back side of the hotel which was great for peaceful sleep but terrible for internet connection! However the internet and cell access all over Ogunquit was very poor.

We liked having the trolley stop close by and the refrigerator was a plus. I am glad I brought my own pillow from home as the ones in the room seemed old and flat.

The breakfast area was nice and the selection was a little better than I expected after hearing the reviews. Yes, mostly store bought pastries but they did have a bowl of apples, some yogurt and some wheat bread for toasting, plus juice, coffee and real half & half. It is nice to have that "grab & go" option, although we didn't use it and chose to eat out instead.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside of the hotel are quieter, those facing the pool and main parking lot will of co...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
You're welcome Betty! I'm glad your days were enjoyable, and your evenings peaceful. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The good things: it was clean, the room service was good, had a trolley stop right there, was a 12-15 minute walk from the Footbridge Beach, and also a few options to eat within the walking distance. The pool was also clean.
However, I still don't get why the word "resort" made it into the name of this motel- the pool is literary 15 -20 feet away from the busy traffic Rt.1. I guess, it sounds better when you say it, so the prices are higher that way. Breakfast (8 AM to 10 AM) was fair, mostly muffins and danishes from the fridge, likely the ones that are frozen before. Also, some oatmeal from instant packages, green apples that were tasteless, OJ and cranberry juice, toast and some jams, and that's about it. Coffee. No milk, and nothing healthier.
There are many options for lodging there. Most of them look like motels. For 234 $ / night for the 2-full size beds room (after tax), we will try to find something else next time, if we go in this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I'm glad you had a comfortable stay. It sounds like you enjoyed Ogunquit's incredible beach as well as our beautful pool. The first 2 weeks of August are the busiest of the summer and rates will reflect that. Booking early will ensure a great rate for that time.
Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Just returned from my vacation stay this past week. Really enjoyed the poolside room. The room was clean and the housekeeping service was exceptional considering the amount of stuff we aquired during our stay. Having the trolley stop next door is a plus. Would appreciate it if the was a small coffee maker I'm the room or microwave.

• Stayed July 2012
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay Debbie N! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Been to Ogunquit Resort Motel? Share your experiences!