“Nice home cooking!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Scottsdale, Arizona USA
“Nice home cooking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We've been eating a lot of seafood and too much fancy stuff on our Maine vacation. I just needed a nice normal meal. Bessie's was just the ticket. I had a delicious turkey club sandwich and it was perfect! Love their own baked turkey. The place was empty on a cold midweek night, and that doesn't seem right!

Boston
“Good Home Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were looking for a lunch place and ended up at Bessie's. We had very delicious hamburgers with sauted veggies. My sister had salmon and loved it. The waitress was very helpful and friendly.

Visited October 2013
Windham, New Hampshire
“DISGUSTING! STAY AWAY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

DISGUSTING! STAY AWAY! 3 out of 4 meals were burned beyond recognition, and the 4th was made incorrectly. The waitress served us the wrong drinks, and gave us attitude the entire time as if she really didn't want us there. Ogunquit is filled with great restaurants; this is clearly not one of them.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wells, Maine
“Like being in my own house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I LOVE this place. As a single business man who travels alot I found this place and fell in love with it. The food is outstanding (breakfast of champions) the service is equal to the food and the location and atmosphere are equally as great. They do not take short cuts with the food prep. There is no deep frying bacon or homefries like other places they do the work and it shows. Home made deserts WOW. the only thing missing is my grandmother. Ias long as they continue to do things the same way I will continue to make them one of my favorite places.

A must visit for any reason.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
York, ME
“A very nice breakfast spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had an excellent breakfast there. It's an old-style café, nice booths. The staff is very friendly. No rush, lots of coffee refills. I'd recommend it highly.

Visited September 2013